Quantcast
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cytomic "The Glue" Bus Compressor Effect Plugin
Old 5th March 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Andy what payments methods will you be excepting?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom ➑️
Andy what payments methods will you be excepting?
Depending on how things shape up I will be using Paypal and or Google checkout. I believe they accept all major cards.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Paypal is cool

Never used google checkout but Im sure its painless

Im really looking forward to this plug
Old 6th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_cytomic ➑️
Depending on how things shape up I will be using Paypal and or Google checkout. I believe they accept all major cards.

Andrew Simper
Either support all major cards . Both are painless . Sounds good !
Old 7th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Please support major credit cards, Paypal does not allow my country!

Andy, I hope ur still going to make the Q1 '09 release! I've been waiting for this for a long time now.

PS: What other Cytomic products are in the pipeline ?
Old 7th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The license will be that you can use it for one composition at a time in one studio. You can install it on as many machines, mac or pc as you want and even run multiple copies on multiple machines as long as they are being used at the same time for a single composition.

I see the good will involved as being worth the losses incurred with such a system. I am not using challenge / response to lock it to a single machine, or a dongle to restrict your usage, I am trusting that people will do the right thing. After all, if someone really dosen't want to do the right thing they can use a cracked version anyway.

Andrew Simper
Well, I've said it before, but...
Old 10th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Just bumping so I'll get an email when this is updated.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by navitus ➑️
PS: What other Cytomic products are in the pipeline ?
Andy is thinking next on an eq or a filter, he said on kvr.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia ➑️
Just bumping so I'll get an email when this is updated.
just let you know. you can use the "subscribe thread" function, too.

its in the "thread tools" menu on top of the thread.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Thanks. Should've know that.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
There's still room for "yet another EQ"!!

I'm just so tired of software EQ's, trying to simulate some classic EQ, with all it's limits like: fixed EQ bands and 2 dB step, volume knobs!

Why not emulate, say an API EQ that sounds, at least as good as Waves BUT, with the option to change the interface window to something like Digidesign EQ3 or maybe the sliders in Filterbank? With no limits to the volume and EQ bands, and maybe with multi undo's or similar options you can't have in the analog world??

This in 2009 and we're mixing ITB, please give us something that's designed for working with a mouse and has a more "Ergonomic" fell to it. Something that makes use of all the advances, there is in the computer environment.

That's where I would like to put my money the next time.

Big respect to Andrew, for making The Glue with multi inputs, range, blend and other fine options! This is intuitive thinking and something that can take, mixing ITB a step further... thumbsup

Instead of yet another SSL compressor clone!!

Thanks,
Peter
Old 11th March 2009 | Show parent
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone ➑️
A filter would be cool !

Please no more eqs unless they're ground breaking valve emulations.
Yeah, I'm with you there all the way, not another digital linear biquad with some warped transform. I did one of these for BFD2 for FXpansion and I didn't deem it worthy of the title of an analog model, it's just dsp really.

Only things that model the same structure as a real circuit and contain the same non-linearities and other critical parts of the circuit that give them their character I deem to be given the title of an analog model.

The most likely upcoming plugins are (in no particular order): resonant filter, stomp box drive, compressor, and delay.

Just putting the final touches on The Glue now, so expect to be able to use a demo version on the weekend.

Although I have heard back from digidesign and things are looking good, I have no idea how long it will take to finalize everything and be legally allowed to release an rtas version. I am using the Juce framework which already supplies rtas support, so as soon as I can release an rtas version I will.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik ➑️
This in 2009 and we're mixing ITB, please give us something that's designed for working with a mouse and has a more "Ergonomic" fell to it. Something that makes use of all the advances, there is in the computer environment.
Big respect to Andrew, for making The Glue with multi inputs, range, blend and other fine options! This is intuitive thinking and something that can take, mixing ITB a step further... thumbsup

Instead of yet another SSL compressor clone!!

Thanks,
Peter
It's a fine line between feature bloat and extending functionality of a good design. In the end though, even if two devices have exactly the same knobs on the front it does not mean they will sound anywhere near the same, and for me it's all about the sound. I'm quite at home using plugins that don't even have a gui as long as they sound good. The Glue is exactly one of these plugins, it's only in the past few weeks it's had a gui, but that hasn't stopped it already being used on multiple #1 selling dance titles on beatport.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Just putting the final touches on The Glue now, so expect to be able to use a demo version on the weekend.
GnS
Gear Maniac

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
This plug would perfectly fit in my plugin collection. I got the URS Everything EQ bundle, so it would have been made no sense getting the Waves SSL bundle just for the Bus Compressor. Can't wait. It's a pity to see that there's no iLok option.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnS ➑️
This plug would perfectly fit in my plugin collection. I got the URS Everything EQ bundle, so it would have been made no sense getting the Waves SSL bundle just for the Bus Compressor. Can't wait. It's a pity to see that there's no iLok option.
Do you have to install any software before using it with an iLok on a new system? If so then The Glue is actually easier to use than iLok. When someone buys The Glue they will receive a binary already signed with their registration details. You simply install it on a new system and it works from then on in without the need for extra dongle drivers or remembering to attach the dongle before use.

Andrew Simper
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Although I have heard back from digidesign and things are looking good, I have no idea how long it will take to finalize everything and be legally allowed to release an rtas version. I am using the Juce framework which already supplies rtas support, so as soon as I can release an rtas version I will.

Andrew Simper
So us Pro Tools guys are NOT going to have much fun this weekend?
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Well I can't say if you'll have fun or not, but there will most likely not be an rtas demo version of The Glue for use on the weekend. There will be an au and vst version though. Nothing much I can do about it since legally I am not allowed to release an rtas version.

You can easily evaluate The Glue in another host, of which there are multiple free ones to choose from on both mac and pc, but I recommend not buying the final version until you have tested it on the host you want to use it in most.

Andrew Simper
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
You could use the vst-to-rtas wrapper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst ➑️
You could use the vst-to-rtas wrapper
I would not recommend doing this since it will not be a true test of the final product, and the vst to rtas wrapper does not support 4 inputs.

Andrew Simper
Old 12th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
For me the usefulness of the ilok is due to it being portable. I know I work in multiple studio, and being able to move plugs around without leaving it anywhere is handy that way. At least that’s why I find it useful. Either way though, with this plug it's no brainer to pick it up.

Guess one of the reason I truly dislike C/R . Glad it's serial .

Can't wait!!

Johnny

Quote:
Do you have to install any software before using it with an iLok on a new system? If so then The Glue is actually easier to use than iLok. When someone buys The Glue they will receive a binary already signed with their registration details. You simply install it on a new system and it works from then on in without the need for extra dongle drivers or remembering to attach the dongle before use.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy Media ➑️
For me the usefulness of the ilok is due to it being portable. I know I work in multiple studio, and being able to move plugs around without leaving it anywhere is handy that way. At least that’s why I find it useful. Either way though, with this plug it's no brainer to pick it up.

Guess one of the reason I truly dislike C/R . Glad it's serial .

Can't wait!!

Johnny
Another option is to have it installed on a usb key, and put an alias or add a custom directory so your host picks it up and loads it off the key directly.

Andrew Simper
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Legend . . . . ( wait for it ) . . . dary

If that'll work without leaving a reg on the machine and with logic / protools , then game on!

Quote:
Another option is to have it installed on a usb key, and put an alias or add a custom directory so your host picks it up and loads it off the key directly.

Andrew Simper
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy Media ➑️
Legend . . . . ( wait for it ) . . . dary

If that'll work without leaving a reg on the machine and with logic / protools , then game on!
If your host supports custom folders or symbolic linked plugins (ie a file that just says the plugin is over there---> ) then this is possible straight away.

Failing that there are options I can pursue to support this kind of behaviour for all hosts in the future no matter if they support it themselves by using stub loaders which are mini plugins that know to look somewhere else to load the main thing.

Andrew Simper
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
There's something pathetic about that question.
Cytomic

🎧 10 years
I have had a report that the vst works in stereo mode with the FXpansion rtas wrapper, so you can test out the demo with that, but please don't buy the full thing expecting external sidechain support until the final rtas version is ready.

Andrew Simper
Old 13th March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Is this available yet ? even just for demo ? When I go to the site, it's just the Cytomic name and the critter.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I think its coming this afternoon !!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 ➑️
I think its coming this afternoon !!!
I'm on it like a rat up a drain pipe
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yes this does indeed work perfectly with PT8 and 7 in version 2.1 of the FXpansion Wrapper.

DO NOT expect as already mentioned side chain to work when wrapped as the wrapper only supports 2in/out.

But other than that GTG!

Gareth
πŸ“ Reply