The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Arturia V-Collection 6
Old 5th December 2017
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Arturia V-Collection 6

Nice upgrade

Arturia - vc6-landing

Last edited by jbfairlight; 5th December 2017 at 03:56 PM..
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'll upgrade if it's $5.95 or less. Software should be free, just like music and movies.

EDIT: A VIRTUAL MUSIC EASEL?? AND A DX7?? WHERE DO I SIGN UP??
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
How much is the upgrade
Old 5th December 2017
Gear Guru

My last two ugrades were $79...wait for Jan sale prices
Old 5th December 2017
Gear Addict
Gutted, I only bought the entire v5 collection a month ago, going to cost me as much again to upgrade :(
Old 5th December 2017
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
It's not basic upgrade, here you have 4 news instruments... but if you want buy only the instrument you want
Old 5th December 2017
Great stuff!
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Still have a residual soft spot for Arturia but tbh their models have been well surpassed by at this stage U-He, Roland, Synapse, etc.

Will be interested to try out the DX7 - I use the free digital suburbans one over FM8 these days for a its more gritty sound, but I’m always on the look out for alternatives.
Old 5th December 2017
Gear Guru

Their modern stuff is still very relevant, i just dont use much software though i will upgrade eventually
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I heard some of their emulations, especially the CS80 one, sound nothing like the originals. Is that true?
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hmm... would rather have seen a Memorymoog, Chroma or DX1... but as usual, Arturia jazzes things up a bit to make them intereseting. The Fairlight is a really nice surprise though. Complete with resynthesis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshire ➑️
I heard some of their emulations, especially the CS80 one, sound nothing like the originals. Is that true?
No.
Old 5th December 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
For the analog stuff that has sadly been the case since their inception, and continues to be the case with this new Easel softsynth. The digital stuff on the other hand sounds stellar. I think that for a software centric setup, having the Arturia DX7, Synclavier, and Fairlight paired with U-He's analog emulations like Repro-5 is really a winning combination.
Gear Guru

Quote:
Not sure if youre being sarcastic but to be fair it was released in 2005. Never owned a CS80 (lol, no sh1t) but I think the early ones are more about getting the flavour of the synth rather than anything close to 1:1.

Ive compared the old jupiter plug (10 years old) to the system 8 Jupiter and its not terrible. In a mix youd get the tone. Its not as detailed as the Roland plugout but its not a dog either.

The modern plugs, starting from the SEM are a different level altogether...though the minimoog got a much improved revamp the other older synths have only had smaller tweaks.

I upgrade them each time generally in a sale, this will be my third version...I dont use them often, I dont record often, but the matrix and synthclavier both made it on recent stuff. If my MPC Live would host the v collection Id likely sell my hardware
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietSpaceChild ➑️
For the analog stuff that has sadly been the case since their inception, and continues to be the case with this new Easel softsynth. The digital stuff on the other hand sounds stellar. I think that for a software centric setup, having the Arturia DX7, Synclavier, and Fairlight paired with U-He's analog emulations like Repro-5 is really a winning combination.
You dont rate the SEM? I think it sounds great, and since the filter was completely rewritten in the minimoog its no worse than monark

Horses for courses though
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl ➑️
You dont rate the SEM? I think it sounds great, and since the filter was completely rewritten in the minimoog its no worse than monark

Horses for courses though
I never really gave their SEM a chance, though maybe I should. Their analog emulations have always left me a bit cold, both in terms of software and the extremely disappointing Origin, so it's been off of my radar. The Easel is way off the mark, I think, but might be a fun novelty for someone who wants to explore West Coast style synthesis without investing a ton of space and money into a basic setup.

I really think that Arturia's strengths are really in their emulations of digital synthesizers as well as their analog hardware. That company really makes some great things in those regards. Really one of my favorites. If I ever wanted analog emulations in software I would look towards other companies though.
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Not really sure because I don't own the originals, but I think the models are kinda showing their age (at least on the original few) - some decent shootouts here:

The SEM is good and holds up imho with anything out there though, but I don't have a huge amount of experience with the rest of the newer ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl ➑️
I think the early ones are more about getting the flavour of the synth rather than anything close to 1:1.
Yeah, agree with this - Arturia were the first to do decent emus of unobtanium synths and tbh I still have a lot of time for all their stuff for what they are. Will have to say that I've always found their analogue emus to stand out in a mix, but that might be more down to my own skills than the plugins.
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I am so getting this.
I really like all the Arturia stuff.

Accurate, or not, or pretty close - it doesn't matter all that much to me.
I like them for what they are - call me a fanboy
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionid ➑️
How much is the upgrade
Mine shows $199 from V5 until Jan. 10th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by felis ➑️
I am so getting this.
I really like all the Arturia stuff.

Accurate, or not, or pretty close - it doesn't matter all that much to me.
I like them for what they are - call me a fanboy
I'll never be able to get all those vintage synths in real life and here you have them all in a way. The sound is pretty convincing too.
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I just downloading my free upgrade for analog lab, and its good, the new presets from the dx7, CMI and buchla very interesting and different
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The Easel is way off the mark, I think.
What makes you think this? Did you really try it?
We really had a hard time recreating this and we are really proud of it.
So please do not judge it without carefully listening to it.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➑️
Is the V collection V6 NKS compatible ? As no mention if it is anywhere.
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Something about that Easel plug really gets me. I had a few Buchla modules I integrated into my Eurorack including an old 259 and this software easel really perked me up when he adds the Timbre to the waveform. The fact they say this is CPU hungry shows they are doing better like U-He.

Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by goony ➑️
Is the V collection V6 NKS compatible ? As no mention if it is anywhere.
We did not do the NKS stuff for the new instruments yet.
This means that you do not have access to the presets directly from KK or Maschine browser, but you can still load the VSTs.
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

I'm in...

And now let's deal with the world slowest download bandwidth provider ever
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] ➑️
I have not demoed the software version, though I have played with some Buchla 200 and 200e systems, mainly when I was trying to settle on a modular format. In the end I decided to go with an STS Serge system.

My impression of the Easel VST comes from the demos on the Arturia website. In short, I think that it sounds very clean when compared to its hardware counterparts. This is especially accentuated in the YouTube video which showcases the software Easel side by side with its hardware version. The hardware barks and distorts in a very pleasing manner, where as the software version is too polite in comparison.

Even when creating relatively "clean" patches on Buchla 200 systems, including modern clones and the modern Easels, it always feels like those patches are just on the cusp of distortion. Like placid water but with roiling currents underneath. And then, there's an organic feeling to all of the sounds, whether clean or purposefully distorted, a lot of the time they sound almost like acoustic instruments. In comparison, the distorted patches in the sound clips found on the Arturia site sound somewhat like a DX7 running through a distortion pedal.

I have no doubts that you guys worked hard on this, the sound just isn't there for me yet, though I'm sure that some others will love it.

The digital stuff though, like the Fairlight, I love, and will likely add to my setup.
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I have no doubts that you guys worked hard on this, the sound just isn't there for me yet, though I'm sure that some others will love it.
Again, please try it to make your opinion on it you could be surprised
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
have the previous emulations been tweaked? The download section lists the older content version nos as being very recently added.
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

Kevin - I bought Version 5 recently and was a little disappointed that not all of the instruments are directly integrated (presets, menu, controls etc.) with the Keylab 88 - Has this been fixed?

Thanks

Greg
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregkoNYC ➑️
Kevin - I bought Version 5 recently and was a little disappointed that not all of the instruments are directly integrated (presets, menu, controls etc.) with the Keylab 88 - Has this been fixed?

Thanks

Greg

That's weird, this should work out of the box. Let me check this with the team tomorrow and get back to you then.
πŸ“ Reply