The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AmpliTube 3
Old 18th January 2010
AmpliTube 3

discuss
Old 18th January 2010
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Amplitube has always been my favorite guitar sim since version 1 was first released.. I had other plans for that $150, but I don't think I can resist.
Old 18th January 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Not gonna lie, the sound demo's on the site are pretty impressive.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I hope the guitar sounds on the video were made with amplitube 3 - they sounded very real, I wouldn't have questioned it on first listen - need a more in depth listen, but still. thumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I am amplitube great fan,
but I stick to ver 1 for many reasons
(maybe because I use so many instances of amplitube in one session...though)
anyway worth to check demo
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I think its some of the most realistic amp modeling Ive ever heard.
Old 19th January 2010 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie T. Ellis ➑️
I think its some of the most realistic amp modeling Ive ever heard.
you said that about GR4! LOL
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
GR4 is great but I honestly think this could surpass it, we shall see. :-)
Lives for gear

So which one do u Prefer?
Waves GTR
Amplitube 3
NI Guitar Rig 4

is there anything else that is great?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Must admit this is getting scarily close to a miced up amp, so far i use amp sims mostly for demo's and try and mic up my amp for finals but being an Amplitube 2 owner these demo's have me interested ....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
sounds even more fantastic than the v2. Big fan and preordered
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm also very tempted to update to V3... those samples are indeed awesome.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL ➑️
Waves GTR
Amplitube 3
NI Guitar Rig 4

is there anything else that is great?
I had a spate of testing before Christmas and my personal conclusions were:

My least favourite was GR4 - I have GR3 and GR2 and have never liked the sound and feel of them. Quite flat and phasey by comparison with the others.

Overloud TH1 was OK but still a bit 2D and didn't inspire me (probably because it was tested last).

Waves GTR was pretty good and sat well in the track but... it's Waves. (let's not go there....)

StudioDevil AMP was pretty good too.

Amplitube 2 was a bit 2D like the Overloud,
Amplitube "Hendrix" was a bit better but still not quite there.
Amplitube "Fender" was excellent (apart from the pedals which were authentically horrible and the rack effects which were merely OK).

The best sounding to my ears was Peavey ReValver - great amp sound and feel but not a great interface (IMHO), some buggy behaviour and quite CPU heavy. Also pricey.

Conclusion:
If Amplitube 3 has the same quality as Amplitube "Fender" as they claim, then that's what I'll be buying and since I've got a pre-order discount I'll probably do just that.

Anyone want to buy my copy of GR3 with RigKontrol2?

K.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL ➑️
Waves GTR
Amplitube 3
NI Guitar Rig 4
Amplitube, and its variants. No doubt.
Waves 3 and GR4 is very competent .. but .. I just can't get really good sounds out of them. I get a decent sound, and I can sit for hours with them, and all I get from that is a different sound, but not better.

With Amplitube, I get as good sound as GR, not always better, but I get it in 10 mins instead of 1000 mins.
Old 30th January 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just pre ordered Amplitube 3 having spent the day reamping former DI'd guitars with real amps. Honestly, it was apples to oranges as I wasn't dissatisfied with the "fake" guitar amp stuff (in this case mostly GR4). It got me wondering if I was wasting my time with my real stuff. I know, I know, real is always better....tutt but, no one's been complaining about my DI'd sounds. Only me (and I'm the guitar player). Anyway, I still think real is the way to go but it sure takes some work (sometimes) and in the end I'm not sure if my clients can tell the difference. My amps BTW are :VHT D60, Fender blues deville and deluxe reissue, Peavy C30 and 8 different boutique distortion pedals. Also, royer 122, 57, re20, 421, etc, etc, neve, api, pacifica, apogee symphony system.....You get the idea. I'm very picky and today I was pissed off that my reamping stuff wasn't "that much, it at all" better then my first round of quick VI guitars.

I also have/use Waves GTR, Amplitube2, and Pod Farm. Oh yeah, Logic's guitar amp thingy.....
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
wow.

personally, i prefer waves for "quick fixes"

and GR4 for the major stuff.
(as an avid reason user, GR4 just makes more sense to me.)

but i must say....wow..just wow.

the 4 track recorder was what really got my goat!

not to mention its integratedness with fender and hendrix.

wow.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I can't wait to get my hands on this! I love all of the stuff IK has done! :D
Gear Guru

58 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Ick!
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Ick just doesn't seem like much of a contribution. I can't speak for the sounds as I don't have any hands on experience with the software. I gotta say though, a big part of the fun of recording for me is physically moving mics around, playing with different possibilities, literally creating the sounds from the ground up. It seems like a lot of the experience would be lost with so much given to you. On the other hand, this is fantastic for people without a good place to record or a decent gear budget. Wish the emulators had been this advanced when I was in that position.

🎧 15 years
Digi eleven has "felt" the best to me as a guitar player, although it's definitely not the most versatile.

Interested to see what Amp3 is like, but I'm not doing enough writing/production at the mo to justify the outlay.
Old 31st January 2010 | Show parent
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Many of the improvements made to existing models beside bringing it all up to the "Fender standard" since much was learned between AmpliTube 2 and Fender for sure should be evident when this comes out. The demo will be out upon product release and I hope you guys give it a whirl for the feel and playability as well as running it on your own equipment. I know that audio demos and videos don't cut it.
Old 31st January 2010 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
It's interesting that no one ever mentions Vintage Amp Room from Softube.
This is a stripped down (no FX) essential emulation of three Amps (JCM800, TwinReverb, AC30) and I prefer it hands down to all other AmpSims.
Amplitube 3 will have to prove to me that it can top that sound.
Old 1st February 2010 | Show parent
IK Multimedia

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmac ➑️
It's interesting that no one ever mentions Vintage Amp Room from Softube.
This is a stripped down (no FX) essential emulation of three Amps (JCM800, TwinReverb, AC30) and I prefer it hands down to all other AmpSims.
Amplitube 3 will have to prove to me that it can top that sound.
It won't be too long until a comparison can be made.
Old 19th February 2010 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
looking forward to hearing the enhanced versions of the fenders and vox from a2. still haven't found a vox model i really like, but the copper one in amplitube 3 may finally do some justice to a very particular sound.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Not gonna try it - started a thread entitled "Amplitube - really?!?!?!" after trying an older version months back which sounded NOTHING like the clips on their website. Sounded worse than the guitar track I was trying to "fix". If I gotta tweak it for more then a few minutes or apply juducious eq settings to get it to sound right - what's the use?!?! Why can't it sound right without a spitload of other stuff having to be done?

Oh - here's a rectified setting, lets try it. Hm...sounds like a cheetah getting ass raped by a garden weasel (although some may argue they got that setting right). No thanks.

Dunno about this version and never will cause I won't try it but thought the older versions sucked monkey balls. But I'm sure this one is the holy grail...

I dunno, a 57 in front of amp - hit record - move on - sounds simple to me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Just upgraded from a Dual 2Ghz G5 to an imac i7, so looking forward to upgrading to 3, as I've been using version 1 more often than not because version 2 was a big processor hog - great flexibility, but I'm more apt to record 2 amp settings to 2 different channels and play each one.

Geez, I may have to retire permanently my ADA MP-1 and MicroCab II recording combo!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I've tried and i'm not that big a fan of amplitube and it just doesn't sound that great to me unless i want kind of a fender sounding style amp. the marshall emulations aren't that great imo. only thing i really like from that company as for as guitar sims go is the bass sim and fender pack. i much prefer logics guitar modeler or guitar rig 3 or 4 and also studio devil has 2 or 3 presets i like. i'm running directly in with a les paul studio to a api 512c and rosetta conversion so it's not my system. i hope to try the new version 3 in hopes it's better but i use guitar rig and logics amp sim far more for what i do and it sounds great and just more creative and sonic to me with all the cool sounds i can get out of it. i could see using amplitube for country and maybe alt rock but not my bag most of the time.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg082 ➑️
I've tried and i'm not that big a fan of amplitube and it just doesn't sound that great to me unless i want kind of a fender sounding style amp. the marshall emulations aren't that great imo. only thing i really like from that company as for as guitar sims go is the bass sim and fender pack. i much prefer logics guitar modeler or guitar rig 3 or 4 and also studio devil has 2 or 3 presets i like. i'm running directly in with a les paul studio to a api 512c and rosetta conversion so it's not my system. i hope to try the new version 3 in hopes it's better but i use guitar rig and logics amp sim far more for what i do and it sounds great and just more creative and sonic to me with all the cool sounds i can get out of it. i could see using amplitube for country and maybe alt rock but not my bag most of the time.
Give AmpliTube 3 a serious shot-the beta versions that I tried stood heads and tails over AT2, and that was early demos when I worked at IK. I have heard that they are even better now. I think you will be shocked at how good the models are.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
i'm looking forward to trying it asap. it's just gtr3 and 4 as well as logics guitar sim sound great in mixes and are very full and just kick you in the ass sometimes and i like that! that's why i use an api on all my di instead of using my great river. i like punch and great production. gtr is just ready right out the box to get the big sounds and record ready sounds i like and of course i stack anyways and use delay sometimes but amplitube has always sounded weak when it comes to heavy and full guitars to me and lacks that punch and wow factor when you come across a sound and just sit there for an hour rocking out like wow! like i said for clean fender sounding like amps for certain styles it works. with all the talk i've heard i hope it's as good as the other sims i use because i'm really looking for something new to stir things up a bit as i rely on amp sims in my home studio quit a bit for my own productions. i also mic a monitor in mono in a treated room to give it an extra layer and that makes a big difference. most of my stuff is industrial that i compose myself so the whole di thing for me would be used anyways if i had a stock pile of great amps and i have but sold them off.

think i'll buy a vox ac 30 though because i love those things for indie rock with a bit of echo and so far the logic amp sim is the best vox sim i have heard to date. i will take a look at the demo tonight if it's available... can't wait! i do like the new pedals and drone fx in the video. i could really use those for the indie yeah yeah yeahs style guitar sound i like to use sometimes. i love putting step sequencers on my guitar to create cool synth like patterns in a song
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I have never really liked amp modeling, I think it sounds terrible. I don't even like amplitube 2 because it sounds horrid. I might try 3 though...the double mic'ing and full stereo path have me slightly interested.
πŸ“ Reply