Quantcast
Composer Cloud from EastWest - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Composer Cloud from EastWest
Old 14th April 2015
  #1
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Composer Cloud from EastWest

Composer Cloud Complete - Web Page
Old 14th April 2015
  #2
Gear Head
 
TaiwanGuy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
This is intriguing.

Is it just basically a monthly-fee license that allows you to use all of East West's VST libraries (it says the "Entire EastWest Composer Cloud instrument collection"- Which libraries does that include?)? You stop paying, your license goes dead? Does joining ensure that you are fixed in at that monthly rate for the future or would you be subject to unexpected price hikes?
Old 14th April 2015
  #3
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanGuy ➑️
This is intriguing.

Is it just basically a monthly-fee license that allows you to use all of East West's VST libraries (it says the "Entire EastWest Composer Cloud instrument collection"- Which libraries does that include?)? You stop paying, your license goes dead? Does joining ensure that you are fixed in at that monthly rate for the future or would you be subject to unexpected price hikes?
All the Gold versions. And yes, if you opt in and then stop paying, you would need to bounce your tracks to audio as your licenses would expire. And while I can't promise that there will never ever be a rate change, there are certainly no plans to do so at this time.
Old 14th April 2015
  #4
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
Hi EastWest Lurker, I just asked this question on the Eastwest forum too, but let's say I opt for the version that grants access to 7 products. What happens to my existing three EWQL Play based products? Do I still get to use them as is?
Old 14th April 2015
  #5
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Is the $29 a promo that will change or is that the base price for now? I'm all panicky, I don't have my DAW setup yet but this is a fantastic way to test out instruments!
Old 14th April 2015
  #6
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Note btw, this is early access only available to current customers and it is an option, no one is forced to do it.
Old 14th April 2015
  #7
Deleted 09ad95d
Guest
Oh man... this would be a great way to demo Ghostwriter. Gah, you suck EW... I think I've finally fallen prey to the subscriber model.
Old 14th April 2015
  #8
Deleted 09ad95d
Guest
NB: This also requires a $29 activation fee in addition to the $29 for the first month.
Old 14th April 2015
  #9
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
I have looked all over EW website and the annoucements and can see no clear indication of which products are avtually included in this. It says in BIG TYPEFACE " IT'S NOT AN INSTRUMENT. IT'S ALL OF THEM" OK, so it's all of them, great ! Then it says, in smaller type. "Acces to all included collections" which seems to imply that some "collections" are NOT included ? Which is it. Click on that, do,you get a list of the "included collections"? Nope. Click on the FAQ : many questions are answered here, except the one that I would imagine most people would be asking, ie What exactly are you trying to sell me here ? I'm sorry but this really does seem more than a little fishy to me.Whyever wouldn't you just list the products that you are asking people to pay for ? Is this just the Complete Composers Collection stuff ? All the Play based products ? Is the "Hollywood" stuff included or not ? "All the gold versions" ... What does that mean ? Is there a "Gold version" of Silk or Solo Violin or whatever ? I don't want to cast any aspersions on EW's honesty, but if I was going to sell somebody something, my _first_ concern would be to make sure that they were clear about what they were buying, which most certainly doesn't seem to be the case here. Very odd indeed.

Last edited by grainmachine; 14th April 2015 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: continued looking for this info !
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #10
Gear Head
 
TaiwanGuy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grainmachine ➑️
I have looked all over EW website and the annoucements and can see no clear indication of which products are avtually included in this. It says in BIG TYPEFACE " IT'S NOT AN INSTRUMENT. IT'S ALL OF THEM" OK, so it's all of them, great ! Then it says, in smaller type. "Acces to all included collections" which seems to imply that some "collections" are NOT included ? Which is it. Click on that, do,you get a list of the "included collections"? Nope. Click on the FAQ : many questions are answered here, except the one that I would imagine most people would be asking, ie What exactly are you trying to sell me here ? I'm sorry but this really does seem more than a little fishy to me.Whyever wouldn't you just list the products that you are asking people to pay for ? Is this just the Complete Composers Collection stuff ? All the Play based products ? Is the "Hollywood" stuff included or not ? "All the gold versions" ... What does that mean ? Is there a "Gold version" of Silk or Solo Violin or whatever ? I don't want to cast any aspersions on EW's honesty, but if I was going to sell somebody something, my _first_ concern would be to make sure that they were clear about what they were buying, which most certainly doesn't seem to be the case here. Very odd indeed.
I agree that EW is assuming too much in thinking that the average buyer understands what "All Gold Versions" means. As far as I know, EW libraries come in Silver, Gold, Platinum or Diamond editions. The better editions have more mic positions (close mics and sometimes vintage mics in addition to the stage mics) as well as additional articulations in some cases. I do think that if EW really wants to push this subscription service, they need to make it VERY CLEAR what VSTs will be available to the user. List them and put links to each library that clarify what is available in the Gold editions.
Old 14th April 2015
  #11
XI-MACHINES
 
DAW PLUS's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
@ EastWest Lurker , you will need to explain in detail what exact libraries are contained. "Gold versions" implies that "platinum" extras are not integrated. Also, simpler libraries like Gypsy etc do not have a gold version.

A full list would be good to have as I think it is a very good model for the EWQL product line.
Old 14th April 2015
  #12
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Taiwan Guy - If it really is only that it is the most misleading advertising that I have seen all year. That is definitely not what you would expect if you read the blurb and the website. I really hope you are wrong, because if you are right then that would not make EW look good at all. How can a company that makes virtual instruments scream IT'S ALL OF THEM in their advertising, if it is actually only a small fraction of them ? That would make them liable for prosecution in most countries. But I don't think that you are right, because they say it includes, for example'their new drum instrument which AFAIK doesn't have a 'Gold' edition. But seriously, how can they sell you something without actually telling you what it is ??? It really is quite extraordinary. I don't think i can recall anything even vaguely similar. ( edited to make it clear i was replying to taiwan guy)

Last edited by grainmachine; 14th April 2015 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: clarity
Old 14th April 2015
  #13
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
DAW plus " a full list would be good to have" Understatement of the decade !
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #14
XI-MACHINES
 
DAW PLUS's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grainmachine ➑️
DAW plus " a full list would be good to have" Understatement of the decade !
I'm a gentleman, I save "demand", "insist on", "gimme" and CAPS LOCK for later, in case lack of information continues... heh

It's all new, he is not an employee, let's give them a bit of time to get the dots on the "i"'s...
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #15
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS ➑️
I'm a gentleman, I save "demand", "insist on", "gimme" and CAPS LOCK for later, in case lack of information continues... heh

It's all new, he is not an employee, let's give them a bit of time to get the dots on the "i"'s...
actually, I think 'he' is an employee, no ? but regardless of that, the press release, advert mail and the website it takes you to were most definitely written by EW and, though I too am a caps lock-abhoring gentleman, EW use a great deal of caps lock to tell us that it's ALL OF THEM and no text of any size or case to tell us what it is actually all of, or indeed anything about what it is ! I wouldn't call such niceties dotting the i's. This is actually very odd, verging on VERY ODD.
Old 14th April 2015
  #16
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
What does it include

Just want to ask, what will it include? I have purchased all the Hollywood gold, piano gold, how about the rest?? What does it have?? Shouldn't it be labled clearer?
Thank you.
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #17
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnycmusic ➑️
Just want to ask, what will it include? I have purchased all the Hollywood gold, piano gold, how about the rest?? What does it have?? Shouldn't it be labled clearer?
Thank you.
labled clearer ? if you found even an unclear label then you are doing better than me. if you, or anyone, can point me to anywhere at all that indicates what the content of this 'product' actually is, then I will happily go away and read it and stop posting here ! but for the moment, as far as I can see we have "IT'S ALL OF THEM" which would be great if it were true, but unfortunately I doubt that it is true, and " it's the gold versions" which is meaningless because most of their products don't even have gold versions and "includes all included collections" which is certainly good for a quick laugh but is of course of no help whatsoever ...
Old 14th April 2015
  #18
Gear Head
 
🎧 15 years
I have Platinum Plus edition of the orchestra and the full version (not "gold") of Piano (and a bunch of others which don't have any silver/gold/whatever classification), so if it's the gold editions that are included in the subscription, it simply won't be interesting.

The subscription is about the same for one year as you would pay for one "gold" edition library. Nice for those who don't already have any EastWest-libraries - but what about people who already bought a bunch of libraries? Shouldn't they get a better deal - and what if you want the large libraries instead of the "gold" libraries?

What if you take the offer now at the reduced price for existing customers? You get all instruments then - but after the first year, you're down to the "7 collections" option and loose access to the rest. Not very exciting, is it? Is the "one additional collection every 3 months" applied to the year long subscription you've already had, so you can add 4 to those 7 immediately - or do you start from scratch with only 7?
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #19
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** ➑️
I have Platinum Plus edition of the orchestra and the full version (not "gold") of Piano (and a bunch of others which don't have any silver/gold/whatever classification), so if it's the gold editions that are included in the subscription, it simply won't be interesting.

The subscription is about the same for one year as you would pay for one "gold" edition library. Nice for those who don't already have any EastWest-libraries - but what about people who already bought a bunch of libraries? Shouldn't they get a better deal - and what if you want the large libraries instead of the "gold" libraries?

What if you take the offer now at the reduced price for existing customers? You get all instruments then - but after the first year, you're down to the "7 collections" option and loose access to the rest. Not very exciting, is it? Is the "one additional collection every 3 months" applied to the year long subscription you've already had, so you can add 4 to those 7 immediately - or do you start from scratch with only 7?
who knows ? it's a secret. as is what you are actually buying when you click on BUY NOW. i attempeted to contact EW to get some sort of info, but no answer yet.
Old 14th April 2015
  #20
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
It's EW, guys...

A major f***-up in the making. There won't be enough popcorn in the world...
Old 14th April 2015
  #21
Lives for gear
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I think limiting the downloads to Gold Editions has more to do with bandwidth than anything else. But I agree with everyone that a complete list of included libraries is an urgent necessity.
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #22
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS ➑️
@ EastWest Lurker , you will need to explain in detail what exact libraries are contained. "Gold versions" implies that "platinum" extras are not integrated. Also, simpler libraries like Gypsy etc do not have a gold version.

A full list would be good to have as I think it is a very good model for the EWQL product line.

All Composer Cloud members interested in upgrading their Gold versions should contact [email protected]

And yes, the "simpler libraries" are included.A full list will be added to the FAQs, hopefully later today.
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #23
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Lurker ➑️
All Composer Cloud members interested in upgrading their Gold versions should contact [email protected]

And yes, the "simpler libraries" are included.A full list will be added to the FAQs, hopefully later today.
If you know, could you possibly tell us which libraries make up this project ? Different people seem to have wildly different ideas of which ones are included, and it is for sale _now_ !
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #24
Gear Addict
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 09ad95d ➑️
Oh man... this would be a great way to demo Ghostwriter. Gah, you suck EW... I think I've finally fallen prey to the subscriber model.
Ghostwriter is fun. The samples recorded are really high quality, SW did a good job.
Just FYI, I thought it would be more experimental samples along the lines of Bass Communion, but it kinda leans more towards the Porcupine Tree sound which ultimately dissuaded me from buying it. I'm not sure why SW opted for that route. The PLAY instrument was fun though, there's tons you can do to the sounds afterwards to make them your own.
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #25
Gear Head
 
TaiwanGuy's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grainmachine ➑️
Taiwan Guy - If it really is only that it is the most misleading advertising that I have seen all year. That is definitely not what you would expect if you read the blurb and the website. I really hope you are wrong, because if you are right then that would not make EW look good at all. How can a company that makes virtual instruments scream IT'S ALL OF THEM in their advertising, if it is actually only a small fraction of them ? That would make them liable for prosecution in most countries. But I don't think that you are right, because they say it includes, for example'their new drum instrument which AFAIK doesn't have a 'Gold' edition. But seriously, how can they sell you something without actually telling you what it is ??? It really is quite extraordinary. I don't think i can recall anything even vaguely similar. ( edited to make it clear i was replying to taiwan guy)
? I am not claiming they are falsely advertising. Their product page clearly says that the Cloud Collection contains all gold editions of their libraries.
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #26
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grainmachine ➑️
If you know, could you possibly tell us which libraries make up this project ? Different people seem to have wildly different ideas of which ones are included, and it is for sale _now_ !

The 50 products included in Composer Cloud are:
The Dark Side
Fab Four
Ghostwriter
Goliath
Gypsy
Hollywood Strings Gold
Hollywood Brass Gold
Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold
Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Gold
Ministry Of Rock 1
Ministry Of Rock 2
Silk
Symphonic Choirs Gold
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Strings
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Brass
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Woodwinds
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Percussion
Pianos Gold Bechstein D-280
Pianos Gold Bosendorfer 290
Pianos Gold Steinway D
Pianos Gold Yamaha C7
ProDrummer Spike Stent (April 23)
ProDrummer Joe Chiccarelli (April 23)
Ra
Solo Violin
Spaces (coming in May)
Stormdrum 2 Pro
Stormdrum 3
Voices of Passion
56’ Stratocaster
Adrenaline
BT Breakz
BT Twisted Textures
Drum n Bass
Electronica
Funky Ass Loops
Guitar & Bass
Hypnotica
Ill Jointz
Joey Kramer Drums
Percussion adventures 1
Percussion adventures 2
Phat & Phunky
Public Enemy
Scoring Tools
Smoov Grooves
Steve Stevens Guitar
Stormdrum 1 Loops
Stormdrum 1 MuItiSamples
Symphonic Adventures
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #27
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanGuy ➑️
? I am not claiming they are falsely advertising. Their product page clearly says that the Cloud Collection contains all gold editions of their libraries.
You misunderstand me. I was not suggesting that you were claiming that. I was saying that if you are right, and it only concerns those products that have silver and gold editions etc, then it was in _my_ opinion misleading to have a big ITS NOT AN INSTRUMENT, ITS ALL OF THEM on the product page, and to say that it included the new drum product, which doesn't have a gold edition, thus leading people to believe that it is NOT only products with Gold, Silver. That they don't say what it is, frankly it just seems insane to me. In all cases they should really fix this problem right now, because CLEARLY at least some people do not know what they are buying ! You think its only the Gold Editions. Other people on here think it includes Ghostwriter. Over on VI people think its just the Composers Bundle. EW Lurker says its just the 'simpler' libraries, whatever that means. And I haven't got a clue what it includes. But they are taking people's money for (something or the other) right now ! Absolutely crazy.

**** East West Lurker :
Our posts crossed ! OK, super, that clears that up then. Thanks a lot !
Is this information now somewhere on the web page too ?

Last edited by grainmachine; 14th April 2015 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: clarity
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #28
Deleted 09ad95d
Guest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohann ➑️
Ghostwriter is fun. The samples recorded are really high quality, SW did a good job.
Just FYI, I thought it would be more experimental samples along the lines of Bass Communion, but it kinda leans more towards the Porcupine Tree sound which ultimately dissuaded me from buying it. I'm not sure why SW opted for that route. The PLAY instrument was fun though, there's tons you can do to the sounds afterwards to make them your own.
Thanks for the review, Rohann!

Probably because there are fewer weirdos like us that dig (let alone know of) BC than PT.

I guess that disappoints me a little but it's not surprising. My own stuff sort of spans from BC-esque stuff to heavier, riff-based prog like Porcupine Tree. I have a much easier time (and more fun) designing my own ambient drones and whatnot vs more of the eerie sound design elements that you'd find on stuff like Deadwing, so Ghostwriter will still be a definite 'must try' for me.
Old 14th April 2015 | Show parent
  #29
Lives for gear
 
EastWest Lurker's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by grainmachine ➑️
You misunderstand me. I was not suggesting that you were claiming that. I was saying that if you are right, and it only concerns those products that have silver and gold editions etc, then it was in _my_ opinion misleading to have a big ITS NOT AN INSTRUMENT, ITS ALL OF THEM on the product page, and to say that it included the new drum product, which doesn't have a gold edition, thus leading people to believe that it is NOT only products with Gold, Silver. That they don't say what it is, frankly it just seems insane to me. In all cases they should really fix this problem right now, because CLEARLY at least some people do not know what they are buying ! You think its only the Gold Editions. Other people on here think it includes Ghostwriter. Over on VI people think its just the Composers Bundle. EW Lurker says its just the 'simpler' libraries, whatever that means. And I haven't got a clue what it includes. But they are taking people's money for (something or the other) right now ! Absolutely crazy.

I did NOT say "ts just the 'simpler' libraries", I responded to a question that it INCLUDES them.

Again:
The 50 products included in Composer Cloud are:
The Dark Side
Fab Four
Ghostwriter
Goliath
Gypsy
Hollywood Strings Gold
Hollywood Brass Gold
Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold
Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Gold
Ministry Of Rock 1
Ministry Of Rock 2
Silk
Symphonic Choirs Gold
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Strings
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Brass
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Woodwinds
Symphonic Orchestra Gold Percussion
Pianos Gold Bechstein D-280
Pianos Gold Bosendorfer 290
Pianos Gold Steinway D
Pianos Gold Yamaha C7
ProDrummer Spike Stent (April 23)
ProDrummer Joe Chiccarelli (April 23)
Ra
Solo Violin
Spaces (coming in May)
Stormdrum 2 Pro
Stormdrum 3
Voices of Passion
56’ Stratocaster
Adrenaline
BT Breakz
BT Twisted Textures
Drum n Bass
Electronica
Funky Ass Loops
Guitar & Bass
Hypnotica
Ill Jointz
Joey Kramer Drums
Percussion adventures 1
Percussion adventures 2
Phat & Phunky
Public Enemy
Scoring Tools
Smoov Grooves
Steve Stevens Guitar
Stormdrum 1 Loops
Stormdrum 1 MuItiSamples
Symphonic Adventures
Old 14th April 2015
  #30
Gear Nut
 
🎧 10 years
Then, despite all the confusion, this really seems a pretty good deal to me. Sort of makes me regret the €1000 or so I already dropped on some of the stuff, but hey, that's life.
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 129 views: 34944
Avatar for chrisgraff
chrisgraff 21st July 2010
replies: 1027 views: 127874
Avatar for GeneHall
GeneHall 4 days ago
replies: 84 views: 12513
Avatar for mrkamerer
mrkamerer 2nd August 2016
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump