The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center - Conductive labs
Old 11th September 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center - Conductive labs

Hi all,

Surprisingly, I've not seen any topic for the MRCC (hope I've not missed something)!

Few days ago, a kickstarter has started: the conductive labs (previously they have done The NDLR) propose a new device, a very powerfull midi router.

A high number of MIDI DIN and jack ports, USB etc...
11 MIDI INPUTS (5x 5-Pin, pair of jack slectable 3.5 trs, 4x USB Host, 1x USB PC (w/ 16 virtual 'ports' )
17 MIDI OUTPUTS (12x 5-Pin, 2 pairs of shared thru 3.5 trs, 4x USB Host, 1x USB device - PC)

It is 100% hardware including routing, midi effects.
Can be used as a desktop or as rack unit 2U.

A working prototype already exists.

more details here.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cc/description

My opinion : it will be the most powerfull midi router (and for sure I've backed the projet since day 1).

Last edited by yomanfree; 11th September 2019 at 07:59 PM..
Old 11th September 2019
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
good to see more people addressing Midi again. the more the merrier imo.
Old 11th September 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Oldgearguy had mentioned this in another MIDI interface thread and linked the Kickstarter page.

I watched the demos, read through the info and immediately signed up and donated to my very first Kickstarter product.

The MRCC looks eminently usable and I have no doubt will become most valuable studio tool for quickly and easily interfacing my MIDI gear!
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Conductive Labs presentation at knobcon 2019:

Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
MRCC Kickstarter link...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thendlr/mrcc/
Old 13th September 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Just miss 100$, and the project is funded. Then we can consider it is.
It is close too to the next price level ...
Old 24th October 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Final information from the kickstarter project:
it is now closed, and is a success.
249 contributeurs - 72 226 $
Old 25th October 2019
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Backer #2 . I have high hopes for this.
Old 9th December 2019
Lives for gear

Couldn't find a timeline for this. Anyone know when this will be available to the unwashed masses?
Old 9th December 2019
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
At this step the only schedule I know is the one provided in the kickstarter page (Feb 2020 noticed optimistic then probably Q2 2020)

I think that you should keep an eye in indiego, as there are strong chances that the conductive labs create an indiego project for some new backers (several people in the conductive labs forum request for it)
Old 29th April 2020
Gear Addict

If anyone who pledged on kickstarter wants out, I'll gladly take this off your hands!

I'm bummed that I missed the opportunity
Old 19th October 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Did it ever actually come out?
Old 19th October 2020
Lives for gear

On its way they say - they apparently took a big Covid hit earlier in the year ...
Old 15th December 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
MRCC schedule

For those that were waiting for news on MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center schedule, we have line of sight

Its taken a lot longer to complete this beast than planned, but its going to be worth the wait. It's really sweet, but that's what you get when you make something to meet the needs of your own studios, no expense spared. Covid was a factor in the delay, but mostly it was just a difficult task to design the user interface for all of the functionality on the device without needing a PC to configure it. It was also a pretty big PCB layout challenge, but we nailed it.

We are pushing hard to get Kickstarter orders shipped before Chinese New Years vacation starts, which is February 5th 2021. Worst case, we'll ship them after Chinese New Year, first half of March.

We are now taking pre-orders on Backerkit, with an expected delivery of late March for those. https://mrcc.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/

More info at: https://conductivelabs.com/mrcc
Old 16th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I hadn't seen mention of the USB host ports supporting multiple virtual ports β€” is that new? Also, will that work with usb midi interfaces, as a way to add more DIN ports? Any chance we'd be able be to bump that to maybe four in/four out, so you could host a blokas midihub? That would make the MRCC suddenly way more interesting from my end.

Glad to hear the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer regardless!
Old 9th March 2021
Gear Nut

Excited to see what the Q&A and updates show on the 14th, fingers crossed units start shipping this month
Old 9th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbob ➑️
For those that were waiting for news on MRCC - MIDI Router Control Center schedule, we have line of sight

Its taken a lot longer to complete this beast than planned, but its going to be worth the wait. It's really sweet, but that's what you get when you make something to meet the needs of your own studios, no expense spared. Covid was a factor in the delay, but mostly it was just a difficult task to design the user interface for all of the functionality on the device without needing a PC to configure it. It was also a pretty big PCB layout challenge, but we nailed it.

We are pushing hard to get Kickstarter orders shipped before Chinese New Years vacation starts, which is February 5th 2021. Worst case, we'll ship them after Chinese New Year, first half of March.

We are now taking pre-orders on Backerkit, with an expected delivery of late March for those. https://mrcc.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/

More info at: https://conductivelabs.com/mrcc
Can you make it load SMF files and allow the user to connect it to their computer and save SMF files to it? This would save me from having to compete a DIY project I started to create a midi hub / SMF processor that I am under qualified to do.
Old 10th March 2021
Lives for gear

Interested in this. Does the MRCC Remote add more outputs or does it replace?
Old 10th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
currently replaces but folks have asked (and they are looking into it) to make it more outputs.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy ➑️
currently replaces but folks have asked (and they are looking into it) to make it more outputs.
Thanks. I'd love to get rid of my MioXL but need those extra outs.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjontheroad ➑️
Thanks. I'd love to get rid of my MioXL but need those extra outs.
I'm currently running a Sycologic 16x32 MIDI Patchbay.
I'm looking at the MRCC to handle an increasing need for USB and MIDI-A/B TRS connectors.
Likely I'll split up MIDI duties between the pair and run a couple connections between them for cross-patching.

(plus the Sycologic is basically full and doesn't do merging/re-channeling, etc - it's just a very fast PB).
Old 10th March 2021
Lives for gear

I like the remote since I have the need to run Midi between different rooms now. I already solved the audio routing between room with stage boxes for my digital mixer so this will be just as simple and functional a solution for Midi.
Old 15th March 2021
Gear Nut

Hope it is okay to post this here?

Thanks Steve and Darryl for showing it off! Can’t wait to try it out in person
Old 15th March 2021
Lives for gear

I would have one preordered already but my wife's birthday is right around the corner. I hope I can get in on the preorder pricing before it's too late!
Old 16th March 2021
Lives for gear

I've watched some videos and read the specs but I'm still foggy on merging. They sorta gloss over it but I'd like to know how many MIDI ports it can actually merge. More than 2 is the nearest answer I came away with.
Anyone know this?
Old 16th March 2021
Gear Head

I understant it can merge any Ins in any Outs. You should ask on they site or facebook page.
Old 16th March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman9 ➑️
I've watched some videos and read the specs but I'm still foggy on merging. They sorta gloss over it but I'd like to know how many MIDI ports it can actually merge. More than 2 is the nearest answer I came away with.
Anyone know this?
There's no limit aside from DIN/USB bandwidth.
Old 17th March 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmai ➑️
There's no limit aside from DIN/USB bandwidth.

That's pretty awesome. They should put that in the specs.
Old 17th March 2021
Gear Guru

Very cool.
Old 17th March 2021
Lives for gear

Ok I'm in

With my studio I would be stupid not to have this.
πŸ“ Reply