Quantcast
SKB ... way cool - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKB ... way cool
Old 23rd April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Thumbs up SKB ... way cool

Anybody else irritated by broken twist latches on your SKB cases (or any other brand)

I'd been putting off dealing with mine, thinking I might even have to get a new case, or with any luck maybe they would sell me a new cover. When I finally get a chance to call SKB ready to grin and bear it, I have to leave a message. Thinking they probably won't even call back over this kind of thing, I forget about it.

Two days later I get a call with this cute voice on the other end (female of coarse heh) saying ... so you got a latch problem, eh .. no problem ... we'll send you a kit with tools and a new latch, in fact I'll send you 2 of them

And there was no charge

Jeez ... there still is good customer service and with a cute voice to boot heh

Can't beat that
Old 23rd April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!
Old 24th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
At least they realize the latches are crap.. The trick to making an SKB survive a shipent or an airline is to get and keep the cardboard box they come in, and box it before sending it, it keeps the latches from taking any abuse.

Good tip on the replacement!
Old 25th April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Steve ..

good to know .. in case I do get on a plane with them, however this came about with just normal use I've since developed a keen awareness of more substantial latches on other cases / manufacturers. I just chalk it up to things you learn from experience
Old 25th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by ghoost
Steve ..

good to know .. in case I do get on a plane with them, however this came about with just normal use ...
yeah, like sneezing in the same room...
Old 28th April 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
i've had the sameexperience with them. they are very cool about getting free latches out to you.

can you imagine how cheap it is to manufacture those cases for them to send out an unlimited amount of latches for free?

to bad they never put the profits back into making the cases better and downwards compitable to older SKB cases. They never stack right and the lids never attach right...
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…