The Moog Werkstatt-Ø1 is a patchable, 100% analog synthesizer whose design is based on classic Moog circuits. Assembly is extremely simple: Any user can quickly build this analog synthesizer with minimal tools and expertise. Through assembly and inspired investigation, the Werkstatt-Ø1 is an excellent platform for exploring the world of analog synthesizer circuits.
Moog is offering a no-soldering-required version of the Werkstatt-Ø1: Moogfest 2014 Kit.
• Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
• Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
• Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
• Ability to PWM the square wave
• Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
• Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
• Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
• Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
• Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
• Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
• One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
• VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
• VCF Input-5V to +5
• VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
• VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
• LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
• VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
• 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
• 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
• 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
• 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
• 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
• AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
• POWER+12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
• POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG
...Module Korg Volca Bass Analog Bass Synth Module and Sequencer Roland System-1m Plug-out Synthesizer Roland GAIA SH-01 Korg TRITON taktile-49 Moog Werkstatt-01 - Analog Synthesizer Kit Elektron Analog Four 4-voice Analog Synthesizer with Sequencer Korg SQ-1 Step Sequencer Korg MS-20 Mini Semi-modular Analog Synthesizer Korg Volca Sample Digital Sample Sequencer Roland V-Combo VR-09 61-key Stage Performance Keyboard Roland TB-3 Touch Bassline Korg Volca Keys Analog Loop...
...recommended". Or if you want to dive even deeper (and spend more $$), Matriarch. I "only" have a Sirin and Werkstatt-01 in my setup as far as Moog gear goes, but I love them both. They just sound great.
...So many "what synth should I buy" threads could be answered with Sirin if they were still available. I bought a Werkstatt-01 knowing it's a limited release too. Love its sound too (I must really like Moog sound!) and at $200 it was a no brainer, and I bet in a few years it'll...
Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?