Quantcast
trance track needs feedback - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
trance track needs feedback
Old 11th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
trance track needs feedback

hey everyone, i'm a new member and would like your guys' critique on my track. i'm gonna go deaf/crazy if i keep mixing this blindly so hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction on what to fix. sorry about the volume, it's not very loud since the only thing i have on the master bus is an EQ where i slightly rolled off the lows.

https://soundcloud.com/vangerdavid/d...-mixed/s-uRiO1

a couple concerns i had:

1) except for the beginning and end of the song, there's a sub that hits in between the kick drum. does the sub need to be louder? i couldn't figure out how to make the sub more audible without muddying the mix so i settled on it just adding to the "feeling" of the kick instead of it being noticeably separate.

2) is the siren/blare that comes in around 3:00 too loud/overpowering?

3) any other comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance everyone
Old 13th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
hey man.. everything sounds fine... to fix your sub vs kick problem, you tube sidechain bass kick compression.. there tons... basically it is when the kick hits, the bass ducks just for a split second to make room for that kick.. try it, worx wonders
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…