Quantcast
Final Fantasy 7 Fanfare - How does this sound so far? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Final Fantasy 7 Fanfare - How does this sound so far?
Old 6th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Final Fantasy 7 Fanfare - How does this sound so far?

Greetings, all. My name is Darian (long-time reader), and this will be my first post. I am getting back into the game of recording/mixing, and I am learning all kinds of things which have increased the quality of my mixes rather dramatically (messing transient controllers and using FL Studio 11's Maximus, for instance---I'm not great at it, but I understand it much more clearly). I'm also no longer compressing drums within their own channel, but rather sending them to a channel which I can compress. I've got quite a lot to learn, but I wanted to get some opinions of one of my latest mixes.

It's not quite complete, as there are a few things I would like to tinker with. The swelling notes after the riff's whole-step modulation get kinda muddy, but I think that's just a bandwidth issue in the EQ---easy enough to correct. The guitar tone of the intro harmony sounds really thin, so I think I'll re-record that with a Mesa-type tone or something.

Anyhow, I'm grateful for any advice/feedback you guys can give me. As someone who has toured in a grind/tech band, I am no stranger to negative criticism! :-)
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…