Dance Mix - Feedback - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dance Mix - Feedback
Old 29th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Dance Mix - Feedback

Hey Sluts,

Worked on this dance song for a couple days and this is what I have so far, any suggestions? Do you like the song itself? My gut tells me I'm running the bass too hot, but at least it's tight. I also sit the vocals back more than on most commercial dance tracks but that was just personal preference. Vocals were recorded on a blueberry into a Duet 2, and the synths are primarily Massive and Nexus 2 instances.

As I said, any constructive criticism is appreciated!

J-Sway
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Bass, in the very low end, seems a little excessive on my Genelec 1032's..?

Maybe a little less compression on overall mix..? It sounds tight and punchy but just a little to tight for me. Hard to say.

Song itself is not bad.

Nice work.
Old 29th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Thanks bugscoe,

Yeah, I'm already turning down the subbass. I need to calibrate my subwoofer so that I mix appropriately. Part of the problem is standing waves in the room, but from this test, I know that I should turn the sub up to mix the bass down. I'm going to listen to my favorite mixes and set the sub where I want it on those tracks.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Vocal is a bit washed out. Less verb, a bit of predelay, and a slight bump would easily fix that.

Snares are all squish and no snap I'd replace the sample or at least do less processing to it.

As for the subs, you may want to reconsider the pattern. With 4 on the floor in the drums, sub seems to be fighting the rhythm rather than accentuating it. If you're going to have something dominate the kick, it helps to have them working together one way or another.

Otherwise, it sounds pretty good.

Dubstep break is effective, and I like the ducked section leading into it. Bouncy bass up an octave is great.
Old 29th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I hear you, aint nobody, the verse subs are kinda fighting. I'll try some new snares and bring up the lead and harmony vocals. Thanks for the tips!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…