Quantcast
Advice on First Mix: Feared Possessed Mixing Competition - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Advice on First Mix: Feared Possessed Mixing Competition
Old 25th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Advice on First Mix: Feared Possessed Mixing Competition

This is a link to my first full mix that I will be entering into the band Feared's mixing competition. I am just entering for fun and to get a bit of experience. This has been mixed from the raw stems of the track on my very limited setup. I am currently mixing using Shure SRH840 headphones and some, bass heavy, stereo speakers. I have mixed this using the few plugs I have available to me.

I think the track is a bit muddy and the vocals need some work but I was just looking for any feedback to try and help me improve my mixing skills.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/102884007/Feared-Possessed.mp3

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Much appreciated
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Needs low end, specifically in the kick. It sounds very shallow as it is right now and adding some meat to the kick should create depth. Lead guitar during solo could use a boost, too. Otherwise, good mix. I am a huge death metal fan myself, so I know what to expect and listen for. Guitars and vocals are pretty spot on. Nice job.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…