Feedback wanted on Electropop Mix - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Feedback wanted on Electropop Mix
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Feedback wanted on Electropop Mix

Hi Guys,

Just finished up a new remix. I'd love your thoughts on the mix!

Old 24th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
re

do You mix ITB?
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Yessir. I play all the synths hardware, but the mixing is done in Logic.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Good stuff man!
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
re

IN the chorus the song don't push in the right way.

I have ask You IF ITB just for curiosity.

ANyway i don't know if the problem is logic 2 buss summing or arrangement don't spread in all audio spectrum, seem push 3 Khz, no mid low and no 3d soundstage.

I know some people here believe summ analog don't make a difference, but the first time i have try apogee DA in passive DIY passive resistor summing match 0,1% with neve 1073 DPA as gain make up, I have think:

"**** gearslutz is becoming full of children"

Keep Up good work.

and try foryourseld what i have said if U are serious about your music.
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea19837 ➑️
IN the chorus the song don't push in the right way.

I have ask You IF ITB just for curiosity.

ANyway i don't know if the problem is logic 2 buss summing or arrangement don't spread in all audio spectrum, seem push 3 Khz, no mid low and no 3d soundstage.

I know some people here believe summ analog don't make a difference, but the first time i have try apogee DA in passive DIY passive resistor summing match 0,1% with neve 1073 DPA as gain make up, I have think:

"**** gearslutz is becoming full of children"

Keep Up good work.

and try foryourseld what i have said if U are serious about your music.
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into the analog summing in the future when I (hopefully) have more funds!

And thanks for the kind words, guys! It just got picked up by Kick Kick Snare, the official blogger for the Grammys. You can find the tune here. Give it some hearts if you dig it!
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You absolutely do not need more funds or a future rig to make a real difference. Let's focus on what's actually in front of us that can improve the mix today.

The synths and hats are dominating. Lead vocal is being pushed back as a result.

Also can't quite put my finger on it, but the reverb seems off somehow. Might just be too much of it... or it seems more suited to live sounds vs edm. I'd think you'd want something along the lines of a 480L type verb on this. One thing about the 480 a lot of people forget is the rolloff on the hf's. Try filtering out the highs on the reverb returns to keep the lushness, but loose the brittle quality.
Old 8th February 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aint Nobody ➑️
You absolutely do not need more funds or a future rig to make a real difference. Let's focus on what's actually in front of us that can improve the mix today.

The synths and hats are dominating. Lead vocal is being pushed back as a result.

Also can't quite put my finger on it, but the reverb seems off somehow. Might just be too much of it... or it seems more suited to live sounds vs edm. I'd think you'd want something along the lines of a 480L type verb on this. One thing about the 480 a lot of people forget is the rolloff on the hf's. Try filtering out the highs on the reverb returns to keep the lushness, but loose the brittle quality.

Thanks so much for this advice. Upon listening, I'm totally realizing that the hats should be mixed down a bit and the vocals totally boosted.

With the verb, I had the lows rolled off, but not the hi's. Rolling off the hi's should would totally help. Thanks for the advice!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…