radio rock mix - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
radio rock mix
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
radio rock mix

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/303799/Gary...STR%20Bass.m4a

the acoustic was some white LTD one, guitars were PRS through marshall JMP100.

used valhalla vintage verb all over this mix.

Got a feeling the kick may be slightly loud.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Drums in general seem a bit too loud, vocals a bit too soft/drowned out, sounds pretty good though overall.
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sounding good man. The guitars are balanced really nicely, and the drums sound great. I would definitely bring the vocals up, especially in the chorus areas. They could also use more high end; they sound a little too dark right now. You might want to add a LITTLE more reverb in the chorus.

I would also roll off some of the low end on the harmonies, and turn them up a tad. The kick sounds really bassy, and kind of buried in the choruses. Maybe roll off some low end and blend in a snappier kick sample? It's not bad or anything, though, just something you might want to take a look at.

Other than that, this mix sounds killer. Good job dude!
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/303799/EAS/B...20MSTR%202.m4a

cheers the great advice guys, really appreciate it.

i've made a few changes, kind of worried i've over hyped the vocals now. the soundcloud link will take a while to update, id recommend the dropbox one anyway as soundcloud mangles the quality quite a bit.
Old 24th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinated
i've made a few changes, kind of worried i've over hyped the vocals now
That sounds great! I don't think the vocals are overhyped, if anything, I'd add a little more vocals considering it's a radio song and the audience is listening for the catchy vocals rather than the instruments.
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sounds much better man! The high end is definitely where it should be now. As far as levels are concerned, don't be afraid to push the leads a little more; as mentioned above, the target audience for this type of music is typically more receptive of louder vocals.
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
so a pal of mine has tracked a new bass line instead. he's just come out of playing for a HUGE band, so its pretty exciting. the bass line is so much better, can't wait to post it.
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i LOVE the song but i think that it needs more balancing. When all the guitar parts comes in, for example in the chorus, it lacks definition. its a little bit ''mushy''. BTW it's my humble opinion. Man, that song is great but the mix lacks clarity to take this song to an other level. Have you considered putting it as a ''mix-off'' i'd be glad to give it a try. Maybe add some things here and there. I am myself in a poprock band so maybe i could come up with something to LIFT your song. Anyways, if you want, feel free to send me a PM with the link to the tracks

Vince
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
New bass version

OK, so my pal tracked this at his and sent me the DI. unfortunately the DI is pretty noisy, so boosting the top end or compressing it hard is kind of out question.

got a feeling the bass may be a bit loud?

can't post the multi's im afraid.

πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…