🎧 10 years
High House.

Old 4th June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuke ➡️
High House.

Wonderful! Like the soundtrack to a dream.
Old 5th June 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFandango ➡️
Wonderful! Like the soundtrack to a dream.
Cool, thanks very much.
Old 2nd September 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Manuke, don't think i need to say it - your stuff trumphs all. hat's off to you bud.
the rest that i've had a listen to these guys stood out

post 23
nice balance. soothing, relaxing. snare fore front (good) - drives the song. ethereal sounding. something i don't think my mix has. yinyang of the drums dry and rest of music wet work!

post 54 - minko
slap on the snare -nice. dry music. sibilance, very noticeable. good choice not to use both the vox stems! echo of vox (death calls your name) not working for me. toms and gtz part - nice build. verb on vox very controlled and beautiful. quite heavy on the right side (guitars) needs some balance on the left.

post 58 Gutter Sparrow
stabs on the keys at the start - nice. the ambience at the start's nice. the oohs, good way tostart - it is, essentially the hook of the song. echoes on tamb - awesome. thoroughly loved the start. wished i had the creativity for that. bass gtz lacks the MF. loads of Low End tho. vox slightly behind the music. the piano works for me 2/3s through the song! the chords. the low vox - distracting.

post 61 - claend
bass slightly too loud. after the gtz came in, they sounded balanced tho. too boomy tho - could cut dBs off LF. the double vox is distracting. phasing. compressed pianos - fine. dist guitars 2/3s through.

post 63 soundguy
creative intro. the synth lead stab at the start - too detuned for my liking. well, if dynamic range is your goal - u certainly did it, the kick is way above everything else! music bar the kick a bit soft, but yes - nice to hear the vox.

post 65 alexvdbroek
slightly muddy. the verb on piano and vox just seem to gel together. good. drums missing!

post 92 scottwilson
detuned gtz start - awesome! but then i realized, it's and instrumental driven song, with the vox scattered around it. loving the pitch shift on the vox. slightly too loud vox at that section, but then again, this is an instrumental. so maybe it works.

Straight up mix. think i processed drums slightly louder than most guys did here quite happy with the results. onward to trolling more WV stuff.

Old 3rd September 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey derricky, wow, you've been busy mixing huh?! And thanks for your comment, very kind, and good job on the critiques, I know how much work is involved doing that.
I think your mix is excellent, drums are just right and glues well with the bass. Really nice sense of space achieved with the verbs and delays. Thought the guitars could come up a notch but really, a minor point. Good stuff.
Old 3rd September 2013
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
ha ! yeah.
paid for membership and figured, better put it into good use. All too often the domestic 'playful arguments' between the missus and me is i spend and never utilise!

yeah - it's loads of time, listening to every one (albeit skipping through) but it's a good learning process for me have a peer into somebody's thought process. learnt much.

cheers for the kind comments. gtz up a notch eh? good point, i think it was more a visual perceeption rather than anything else - i've boosted guitars by 12db at a point, which got me slightly worried. should use ears, not my eyes.

greetings from adelaide, manuke.
-d-
Old 8th September 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey derricky, sent you a PM. Thanks for posting, just realised I never did a straight mix of this due to the missing gtr track.

And another non straight one.

Old 25th October 2013
Lives for gear

I'm testing a new OTB summing setup so I came back to this and remixed it. Below is my original ITB mix and my new OTB mix. It's not a direct ITB vs OTB comparison, there are lots of changes and I'm mixing in a different room.

Would love to hear feedback, thanks.

..ant
Old 31st January 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
High Horse - Joe Piccione Remix

Greetings,

I know this is a very late submission to the Forum but I just became a Shaking Through Supporter and decided to give this mix a try first.

I can't get my file to upload so I've embedded the Souncloud link.

Secret Mountains "High Horse" - Joe Piccione Remix by Joseph Piccione Mix on SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

All feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated.

Joe

Last edited by jpiccione; 31st January 2014 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: Trying to attach file differently
Old 5th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Beautiful Song !!!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…