Quantcast
Weathervane Multitracks - Secret Mountains - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Weathervane Multitracks - Secret Mountains
Old 2nd October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Here's my mix. Not shure why my download was missing a few guitars. Maybe the unzip process went wrong... anyway, thanks for the tracks guys!

Old 3rd October 2012
HLD
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I had to give this one a try, love that song! I had a hard time making the guitars sit right, any suggestions are very welcome.

Old 4th October 2012
Gear Maniac

89 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Great Song

Another fine set of tracks from Shaking Through/Weathervane -- thanks to Brian and all involved for the opportunity to work with great material. I found both the "original" mp3 demo and some of the remixes placed Kelly's voice (a lovely voice at that) too far back in the mix for my taste, and Jeffrey's guitar in some samples is also sitting back farther than I like a lead guitar. Just my opinion (yours may vary!)

I used only the tracks provided, but utilized a modified copy of the "noise" tracks from the ending of the song at the beginning to add an "atmospheric" feeling. So here is my version with "up front" vocals and lead guitar. Enjoy!

Sound-Guy
Colorado Rocky Mountains
Attached Files
Old 4th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound-Guy ➑️
Another fine set of tracks from Shaking Through/Weathervane -- thanks to Brian and all involved for the opportunity to work with great material. I found both the "original" mp3 demo and some of the remixes placed Kelly's voice (a lovely voice at that) too far back in the mix for my taste, and Jeffrey's guitar in some samples is also sitting back farther than I like a lead guitar. Just my opinion (yours may vary!)

I used only the tracks provided, but utilized a modified copy of the "noise" tracks from the ending of the song at the beginning to add an "atmospheric" feeling. So here is my version with "up front" vocals and lead guitar. Enjoy!

Sound-Guy
Colorado Rocky Mountains
Like what you did with the bridge and vocals on the brdge, but kicks...? dont know what you were thinking there, did you add a sample of your own or stacked 2 on each other, feel disconnected from the song as well? intro made me feel like the song belong in a 90's movie wish is cool but not for this track (remember, opinion). I dont like the use of your compression. Hope this helps
Old 5th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Here is my one.

I took off half the intro, edited the bridge and faded out earlier. I think it strengthens the song. Ideally, it would be nice to have the wee intro before the guitar comes in but just have the riff once before the vocals enter. IMHO

Comments welcome.
A.
Attached Files
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvdbroek ➑️
Here is my one.

I took off half the intro, edited the bridge and faded out earlier. I think it strengthens the song. Ideally, it would be nice to have the wee intro before the guitar comes in but just have the riff once before the vocals enter. IMHO

Comments welcome.
A.
dont know why? but there something drawing me to this mix...i want to say more drums or this n that but then i feel its cool...dunno but i dig it
Gear Addict

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZoUnD ➑️
dont know why? but there something drawing me to this mix...i want to say more drums or this n that but then i feel its cool...dunno but i dig it
Oh yeah, my mix needs more drums for sure...
Thanks ReZoUnD. Where is your mix?
A.
Old 7th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Oh yeah, my mix needs more drums for sure...
Thanks ReZoUnD. Where is your mix?
A.
My mix is on pg2, thx
Old 8th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZoUnD ➑️
Attachment 310949 can someone tell me how you put a play button nxt to the attatchment
well heres the mix i did yesterday to get sleepy... and it worked I feel asleep on the couch while bouncing the track
I put up the mp3 download on top^^ for those who are into the details with out hearing that soundcloud compression, and for those who want to just hear...here you go. reverbnation's playback kills soundcloud
Nice! Alot of effort has gone into the mix.
I enjoyed all the automations. The slight 'chorus' on the voice wasn't my favourite but it did help bring it out abit.

A.
Old 8th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I enjoyed all the automations. The slight 'chorus' on the voice wasn't my favourite but it did help bring it out abit.

A.
I struggled with bringing the vocal out, do you have any tips on vocals? Without using stuff like reverb, delay etc. Maybe its analogue warmth im looking for. A little boost and a little saturation. Looking forward to the day I can make that vocal pop out and shine all nice, warm and sweet to the ear!

sent from the future
Old 8th October 2012
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Vid-ee-ohs... Vid-ee-ohs...
Old 8th October 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Here is my version. Gorgeous song! Thank you for posting.

-E
Old 9th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Here's my take on this one. A nice song, very well recorded, this was a lot of fun. Thanks to Brian for this great project!

Old 9th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
anyone know the bpm? i don't see it listed in the trk notes
Old 10th October 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Hombre ➑️
anyone know the bpm? i don't see it listed in the trk notes
Bpm is 145

sent from the future
Old 11th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie.machete ➑️
Bpm is 145

sent from the future
no way the bpm is 145.....
Old 12th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Logic's BPM Counter plugin on the click track says 126.0

..ant
Old 12th October 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thx.that sounds way more like it. funny thing is i tried setting that bpm (in reaper) and i still couldn't get the clik to line up with the grid. oh well. i mess around some more.
Old 14th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Secret Mountains, High Horse Remix

Hi People,

Here is my contribution, feedback is more than welcome, ciao

Old 14th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie.machete ➑️
I struggled with bringing the vocal out, do you have any tips on vocals? Without using stuff like reverb, delay etc. Maybe its analogue warmth im looking for. A little boost and a little saturation. Looking forward to the day I can make that vocal pop out and shine all nice, warm and sweet to the ear!

sent from the future
You could try EQ'ing the other instruments while listening to the voice.
A.
Old 15th October 2012 | Show parent
Sen
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
You could try EQ'ing the other instruments while listening to the voice.
A.
YEp....for me, one of those other instruments is often bass.
Old 15th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Here's my mix. No mastering. I had lots of fun with this & I hope I did my adopted hometown of Baltimore some justice.

Suggestions/comments greatly appreciated.

Hope you enjoy it!

Old 16th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:

A.
actually not much effort, I mixed till i got sleppy...about 4hrs into it then slapped a limiter on 2bus and bounce. Automation was free hand fader riding also panning and chorus effect was not me, that just the 2 vocals panned hard left n right very simple stuff, I mix any thing i can get my hands on, and thanks to wheathervane i'm a better mixer cause of these raw tracks. Now i have gigs because of them...so you cats starting out don't forget to donate.
Old 24th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
My first remix attempt: High Horse

This is the remix I worked on over the last two days, it (about 8 hrs), it was a great learning experience, and I enjoyed being free of the emotional entanglements of mixing my own songs; I believe it enabled me to be to better focus on solely mixing

High Horse

Thanks you all at Weathervane Music, and especially Secret Mountains

God Bless
ron c
Old 27th October 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Our Future Faces

Here's my rendition...

Old 30th October 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
hey there, i know i'm a little late on this but sandy forced us new yorkers to be inside for a few days and this was cooked up. just used the vocal stems from the original and composed around them - i guess it's more of a remake than a remix, but semantics semantics. no mastering.

also this is my first time posting on this site, so hello!
Old 31st October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey!

Had some time to play, so my mix is below. Fun song, really cool vibe, and nice recording!

Mix Details:

Mixed hybrid in Pro Tools with VCC and VTM, summed out through Midas Venice F16 with hardware and printed back into Pro Tools with VCC and VTM on the master.

Summing:
Midas channels and hardware inserts were as follows:
1-2: Guitars--EL7 FATSO--Midas EQ
3-4: Drums/Bass--API 2500--Midas EQ
5-6: Piano/Backing Vox--FMR RNC
7: Lead Vocals--Mohog 1176--Midas EQ
9-10: Effects (Reverbs and Delays)
All summed to Groups 1-2 on the board with an Aurora GTQ2 inserted across the mix to add a little top end and printed back into PT.

Thanks!

Seth
Attached Files
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
NIIIIIIICE!

Thanks, Tin Mitch. Killer and creative!

B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Mitch ➑️
hey there, i know i'm a little late on this but sandy forced us new yorkers to be inside for a few days and this was cooked up. just used the vocal stems from the original and composed around them - i guess it's more of a remake than a remix, but semantics semantics. no mastering.

also this is my first time posting on this site, so hello!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I like this a lot, Seth. I don't have my trusty phones to say with certainty, but sounds a little bright on my laptop. I could do a complete about face once I can really listen, though. I like your minor touches. Very elegant!

B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDB_12 ➑️
Hey!

Had some time to play, so my mix is below. Fun song, really cool vibe, and nice recording!

Mix Details:

Mixed hybrid in Pro Tools with VCC and VTM, summed out through Midas Venice F16 with hardware and printed back into Pro Tools with VCC and VTM on the master.

Summing:
Midas channels and hardware inserts were as follows:
1-2: Guitars--EL7 FATSO--Midas EQ
3-4: Drums/Bass--API 2500--Midas EQ
5-6: Piano/Backing Vox--FMR RNC
7: Lead Vocals--Mohog 1176--Midas EQ
9-10: Effects (Reverbs and Delays)
All summed to Groups 1-2 on the board with an Aurora GTQ2 inserted across the mix to add a little top end and printed back into PT.

Thanks!

Seth
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmctear ➑️
I like this a lot, Seth. I don't have my trusty phones to say with certainty, but sounds a little bright on my laptop. I could do a complete about face once I can really listen, though. I like your minor touches. Very elegant!

B
Thanks Brian! I really appreciate your response

This track was very well recorded and put together (as usual). You guys did an outstanding job.

I didn't see it necessary to do a whole lot to the track...just gave it what I felt it needed as far as effects and vibe/texture while staying out of the way of the song. "Elegant" is a great way to put it, I hadn't thought of that. Nice!

I agree...I grabbed my laptop after uploading this and listened, and it does sound a bit bright on that...especially the hi hat. I didn't do all my usual mix checks on this, just had fun mixing and then immediately uploaded when I ran out of time.

I'd definitely be interested in your thoughts once you listen on your trusty cans... Keep making great music guys!
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…