One-Man Band Cover of Billy Joel's "Prelude/Angry Young Man" - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
One-Man Band Cover of Billy Joel's "Prelude/Angry Young Man"
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
One-Man Band Cover of Billy Joel's "Prelude/Angry Young Man"

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to stop by and share a new one-man band cover video I did of Billy Joel's "Prelude/Angry Young Man"

Heres a quick breakdown of the gear used to record this beast:
-Yamaha P-155 Digital Piano via MIDI into Logic using Native Instruments Kontakt NY Grand Piano, Bass, Organ and Synth.
-MXL 2001 Condenser Mic via M-Audio Firewire Solo into Logic for vocals
-Roland TD-4K Electronic Drums via MIDI into Logic using Native Instruments Kontakt Studio Drum Kit.

Everything was mixed in Logic and mastered with T-Racks.

http://youtu.be/dSDCm7zI9TI

Hope you enjoy.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 15th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hi Kevin,

Wow! Fantastic!

I've been dabbling with one man band vids lately too, love the sound you're getting here!

Few comments:

I'm not crazy about the drum samples, they feel like they are not really fitting the song, maybe try something like bfd2 or superior? I guess they are fairly 70s sounding, but just felt a bit too much to me

The vocals feel like they could sit forward just a tad, and maybe a wee bit less reverb on the BVs, but that vocal mix is a million times better than anything I've done!!

Btw what did you use to shoot and edit the video?

Tim
Old 17th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wydsiwyrg ➡️
Hi Kevin,

Wow! Fantastic!

I've been dabbling with one man band vids lately too, love the sound you're getting here!

Few comments:

I'm not crazy about the drum samples, they feel like they are not really fitting the song, maybe try something like bfd2 or superior? I guess they are fairly 70s sounding, but just felt a bit too much to me

The vocals feel like they could sit forward just a tad, and maybe a wee bit less reverb on the BVs, but that vocal mix is a million times better than anything I've done!!

Btw what did you use to shoot and edit the video?

Tim
Thanks so much for all of the feedback and critiques on the video. I honestly really appreciate it. I shot everything on my iPhone 4S and edited on iMovie 11".
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…