Quantcast
Liar - MixOff - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Liar - MixOff
Old 12th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Liar - MixOff

This is a new song from The Green. It was produced by The Green, myself and a friend of mine named Christian. I mixed it as well.
Hope everyone enjoys it.

Liar - MixOff

The Green | Official Website

The Green | Facebook

Christian Mochizuki | Facebook

The single is available for purchase: iTunes - Music - Liar - Single by The Green

Mix File: http://www.yousendit.com/download/TE...MHdmVGJ2WnRVag

Session Files: http://www.yousendit.com/download/TE...NEhRR2REZU1UQw
Old 8th April 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Nobody else!?

Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for manuke for bringing the song up. I had forgotten about this one.

I've done few dozen Hip-Hop mixes in past few years but haven't really worked with reggae (even though this was a pretty modern tune). Lots of time went into comping the tracks together; half of the tracks were cut away by moving their sounds to other tracks. Especially the FX and synth track count reduced drastically this way.

With so much going on everywhere it's all about getting the right balances; at the end of the day many tracks didn't receive whole lotta processing (if any at all) just finding the right balances can be enough. That being said I ended up distorting some of the synth tracks much, much more than I would've thought processing initially.
Attached Files

Liar_SpedeMix.mp3 (6.86 MB, 171 views)

Old 12th April 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey Spede, great mix, makes mine sound pretty weedy though! Particularly like what you did with that noisy middle 8 bit, really pops. I'm like you, never done reggae kinda stuff but getting into Mattski's tracks on Mix-Off, find them an interesting challenge, tracks are so well done there's not much to do but the sheer amount of them, what was there, 82? is a whole new challenge in itself, could mix this 100 ways, I just ended up deleting a whole bunch of stuff to get some sense of space in it, but I do like how dense and full your's is, nice and heavy. Good stuff as usual. Any idea what happened to Weathervane, thought it was gonna be up a month ago.
Old 12th April 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuke ➡️
Any idea what happened to Weathervane, thought it was gonna be up a month ago.
Got an email this morning that they are kicking up a 4 episode run this week
Old 13th April 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
jhaines, cool, thanks for the info.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…