Radio Rock Alternative Mix - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Radio Rock Alternative Mix
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Radio Rock Alternative Mix

Hi guys,

Here's a mix I just finished a really cool band from United Kingdom! I would appreciate to have your feedback on the mix before I send it to my client!

Thanks!
LT
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Your stuff sounds awesome as always! The vocal tuning hits hard in a couple spots, that's the only thing I can pick at. Snare sounds amazing and perfect for the arrangement.
Old 11th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsundergroun ➡️
Your stuff sounds awesome as always! The vocal tuning hits hard in a couple spots, that's the only thing I can pick at. Snare sounds amazing and perfect for the arrangement.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate! I must admit I'm really happy with the drums on this one! I didn't produced the song so I didn't edit the vocals but I must agree that the pitch correction is noticeable in some places unfortunately...

The band approved the mix and I'll be mixing their 6 songs EP! Looking forward to it!

Old 11th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
killer mix like all of your work... share your secrets! haha.
Old 11th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Great control of the compression Frequencys on those drums Brother

Good work man , send The mix off to your client its complete

S1770
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear
Excellent mix my friend! Keep up the great work!
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Hey guys - it's my production and co-write with the band .....
I did the absolute best tracking the vocals but in parts the vocals had some pretty bad tuning issues..... (the track was/is a bit too high for the vocalist - I suggested a key change but it was a no go) I tweeted as best I could in Melodyne and mentioned the issues to the band - they then made decision that they wanted to use a vocal they had tuned in Cubase (variphrase) ....... - Their call ....
As always Luc has done a great mix and I'm happy with my arrangement and production except the vocals.
kj
Old 11th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by keevhren ➡️
killer mix like all of your work... share your secrets! haha.
Haha! Thanks man! As you may already know, I'm really open to sharing the process behind my mix. Just ask questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1770 ➡️
Great control of the compression Frequencys on those drums Brother

Good work man , send The mix off to your client its complete

S1770
Thanks man! The clients already received the mix and they are super happy! Thanks to Karl Johnson for producing the track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everbeatz ➡️
Excellent mix my friend! Keep up the great work!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karljohnson ➡️
Hey guys - it's my production and co-write with the band .....
I did the absolute best tracking the vocals but in parts the vocals had some pretty bad tuning issues..... (the track was/is a bit too high for the vocalist - I suggested a key change but it was a no go) I tweeted as best I could in Melodyne and mentioned the issues to the band - they then made decision that they wanted to use a vocal they had tuned in Cubase (variphrase) ....... - Their call ....
As always Luc has done a great mix and I'm happy with my arrangement and production except the vocals.
kj
I agree Karl, they should have recorded the song one semi-tone lower and that would have solved a lot of tuning issues!
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
They 're a great bunch of guys - just very head strong - I think I was young and wanted my own way once upon a time - lol ..... Best way to learn though is doing ! - And to be fair I've learnt a lot from great guys on here - Step forward Captain Hook and Luc Tellier ..... The day I think you stop learning is probably the time to give up!
kj
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…