Quantcast
Feedback on home recording - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Feedback on home recording
Old 27th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Feedback on home recording

I wrote, played all the instruments, sang and recorded this song by myself. When you do this, you feel like your in a box. I would welcome all feedback. This was my first attempt at an ITB mix. I have low end to mid end gear. Digi 002 FMR Audio etc... Thanks!

Attachment 20430

p.s. I know the toms are kind of sucking, gotta work on that. AT 25 on the florr but crappy 58 on the rack tom. Maybe get a 421?
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by flail19
I wrote, played all the instruments, sang and recorded this song by myself. When you do this, you feel like your in a box. I would welcome all feedback. This was my first attempt at an ITB mix. I have low end to mid end gear. Digi 002 FMR Audio etc... Thanks!

Attachment 20430

p.s. I know the toms are kind of sucking, gotta work on that. AT 25 on the florr but crappy 58 on the rack tom. Maybe get a 421?
cool tune, but it remids me of "out of the box car waiting" or something else by the pixies... overall good song
Old 28th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The claps are kind of distracting. I think that if they weren't so heavily reverbed that they'd blend a little better, but perhaps that's the effect you're going for.
The vocals sound a smidge too hyped, as if they've been EQ'd to bring that raspy sound up. My dad does that all the time and it drives me nuts, so maybe I'm just hypersensitive to it. I don't think that the toms are that bad at all. It's a little hard to tell with lossy files. Nature of the beast, eh? Pretty nice so far though!
Old 29th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
i like the mood of the song, upbeat and relaxing!

the tambs I find get annoying though. but the levels on the whole seem quite good. solid mix for the equipment used!

thumbsup
Old 29th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
the vocals are way too spaced out I think. I concur with the distracting claps and tamberines too loud. The acoustic is super dull/ too quiet I believe.. your tom panning is super wide in relation to where your drum kit is in the sound feild (especially one tom that hits extreme left).

p.s. at 00:38 the tempo kinda lags and speeds back up again like someone wasn't ready or just messed up... might wanna do a little moving and smooth that part out.

I really like where the mood of the music is going though. thumbsup
hope I helped. have a good one.
Old 30th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks everyone. I did make some adjustments. I like the claps so they stay. Got rid of the electronic tambourine loop in the chorus but left it in the middle breakdown. I wonder what you mean by spacey? I also eq'd the guitars to come out bigger...not brighter or louder just "bigger". Your right, i didn't notice but I had the floor panned almost -60 Thanks...good stuff, good ears everyone.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…