Quantcast
First mix on new monitors! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
First mix on new monitors!
Old 6th May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
First mix on new monitors!

So I switched from KRK RP-8 to Dynaudio BM5a tonight. This is my first mix using them. What do you guys think? I am afraid the low end might be a bit heavy. Any comments on the mix in general are welcome as well! http://www.mofofunka.com/BTL2.mp3

Cheers,
Micah
Old 6th May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
hmm, anyone?
Old 6th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Sounds cool, theres nothing to compare it too your old mixes.......? maybe why no bites. I can say that my mixes improved 100 fold when I went from event 20/20's to bm5a's.... love mixing on them.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Yeah. I seemed to work faster on the BM5a's, and much less fatiguing. Better detail, and depth. Honestly i think the KRK "sound" better, but in a hifi, scooped kind of way. The BM5a's are much more honest. Also, the low end is only SLIGHTLY less than what teh KRK put out. I feel the the BM5a's have a tighter bass responce though.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sounds cool - I think the bass low end still needs some attention... I like the drum-sound and the mix is a little muddy but if you can get the bass solid I think it could work even better. Nice!
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Yeah, I ran this mix through a pair of Germaniums, with the Thick switchs in, I think its a bit much for this tune. Thanks guys!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…