Quantcast
U Need some D*CK - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
U Need some D*CK
Old 6th May 2006
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
U Need some D*CK

As all ways, Going for a classic rap vibe.

U need some D*ck

What do u guys think? (I may make a few panning adjustments and deciding if I should bring up the spoken chorus but the overall vibe should be close)
Attached Files

U need some dick (sample).mp3 (1.70 MB, 449 views)

Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years

" all a matter of taste "

" theres a lot of meaning in those lyrics "

heh
Old 6th May 2006 | Show parent
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5down1up

" all a matter of taste "

" theres a lot of meaning in those lyrics "

heh

This is gearslutz. I posted for opinions on the MIX

Honestly, I may have a mod delete the thread. In the moment while I was working on the mix, it seemed like a good idea to ask opinions on the site.

BUT, the content may be a bit strong for the site.

Also, I didnt get many opinions on the mix anyway, and I'm gonna rap it up today
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
from my personal point of view the " idea " behind the whole thing is what i dont really like . BUT

theres a provocating idea behind it that has at least an impact [ who gives a f*** if i like the substance or not ] . so if i see it from that point of view its kinda rebelious thats why i think its probably the most intense thing ive heard here at the board.

what i never could really understand about the whole RAP thing is that everythings sounding so sweet ( nice chords, some uuuhh yeaaahs etc. ) and the lyrics are hardcore . i would either make it more dirty or make the contradiction even more extrem.

the sound and the vocals are good imho.

theres defenately something in this tune ... prolly its 10 years to early for our dirty world to release it ?!

but probably thats what the kids are waiting for. ( and their parents who hire the lawyers against you )

good luck
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
I really feel what you are saying.

Actually, I try to be careful about what messages I put out there in terms of appearing to advocate certain things.

But, I believe the best songs relate to real human situations. I write about a variety of situations. SOME are those people go through, but dont necessarily tell everyone else about. Some are common everyday situations

Life is not always pretty, but it's not always ugly either. I try to reflect both when I write, and paint a vivid picture that puts the listener "in" the story.

(PLUS this song comes directly from a personal experience)heh
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
What? You need some di**? heh

ONLY YOU WOULD derive that from it.

Nah it's talking about a relationship with this girl I used to deal with.

LOL that was funny though
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
OK guys THE MIX.

Suggestions on THE MIX?

OK 41 downloads, 110 views and no opinions on the MIX? ON gearslutz?
Old 7th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
umm

Dog i'm feeling this and I actually want to hear he whole song for real and actually wanna add a verse haha. I feel first verse vocals are a little high coming from the transition but its not really loud. So you could turn the other vocals up or turn the verse down a little. I think the You need this di** could use a little something more on it to make it sound better.
Old 8th May 2006 | Show parent
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Come on guys can I get more feedback on the mix (thanks to those that spoke out)

I'm a zillion miles away from home/friends so I cant just ask the guys across the hall for an opinion on a mix anymore.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I thought some of the vocal doublings could be tighter.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Only thing that jumped out at me was the snare. Sounds to raw or something...like it's just not sitting right with the rest of the track.

Liked the overall vibe.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Man, I was hoping for a much funnier song, with a title like "you need some dick". The mix sounds fine to me, but I don't know anything about "doin' it" music. Vocals may be just a little loud, but sounds good overall.

You need this dick bitch!!
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years

This is fire! I really like it. Very powerful. About the mix, it's probably sonicly better than anything I'm capable of doing. Any way is the distortion on the kick intentional? The snare seems to have enough high end to be fighting the vocals.

Great tune though. Art is suppose to jump up and make you feel something. This does. Even if somebody hasn't been in that exact situation, it's still easy to imagine. Dope azz float.

Js
Old 9th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
the main vocal either needs a bit more fx, or less 100-200 hz, or more compression or SOMETHING cause its slightly disconnected from the track, although it is nice and clear... the bottom end is SICK...nice and tight.... but i would definately raise up that wierd synthy thing that pops in at the turn-arounds...that sound sets the track apart from being just average, so why not feature it more?? I like the rapper, the whole song is very similar to biggy's "i'm fukin you tonight" or little kims "eat my pussssy riiight!!" its got that smooth feel with the dirty lyric....its a good mix
Old 9th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
First let me start by saying great mix and great song. The only thing I can see wrong is that most of your problems are stemming from your bassline fighting your kick drum. Try finding the frequency that is fighting and notch that bitch right out. That should make each element sit in the mix a lot better.
Old 21st December 2006 | Show parent
no ssl yet πŸŽ™οΈ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great ➑️
What? You need some di**? heh
I was reading old threads, and I have to say SG this made me spit out my orange Juice.

That was FUNNY.

(I gotta think up a way to get you back, you know. )
Old 21st December 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The rapper is quite expressive and dynamic. I was finding it a little hard to hear some of the lyrics off my computer speakers so perhaps a little more compression or volume automation on the lead vox. Also bv's were a maybe a little too sloppy...

Dig the track!

Peace

edit: oh just realised this is from 6 months ago haha..
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…