Quantcast
heavy mix - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
heavy mix
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
heavy mix

so i dont post on here very often but ive been following gs for a while and thought i should get some feed back on the last project i did. this is my second 'full band' recording, "produced", tracked, and mixed and i was actually pretty impressed by these kids' ability. theyre all 16 - 21. anyways, its all itb, im not going to claim that i know at all what im doing haha, but id like to hear what some of you think....
p.s. listening to it 2 weeks later i think the guitars are weak
Attached Files

i fear of sleep.mp3 (5.04 MB, 2211 views)

Old 24th November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
12 listens and no comments?
Old 24th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I think i sounds good. I mean if i had my PA in front of me id be able to hear it better Currently just hearing it on my laptop speakers :( Guits are kinda weak. Drums sound pretty nice although like i said i cant hear everything on my freakin laptop!

Good job.
Old 25th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
It's way over compressed. And it sounds distorted. Fix that and it will be a good mix.
Old 26th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
cool, i think both those problems are from the waves L3 that i dont know how to use properly, ill work on it
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
The cymbals are utterly destroyed, I'd try to resurrect them first thing. The quieter middle part doesn't sound so bad actually.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Vocal sounds a little too up front and the drums are taking lots of space compared to guitars.
Lives for gear

can't listen with headphones right now but my mbp says there's something weird the snare

sounds like a distorted splat or something

sorry if im completely off, its a little hard to tell with laptop speakers
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Yeah, something definitely weird with the cymbals... sounds like maybe a multiband compressor pumping? L3 is multiband right? Also the guitars sound kinda weak. Vocals sound great, albeit a bit up front. Drums sound great too; I personally like the super-compressed sound of drums for this genre. But yeah especially with the hats there's something weird going on.
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

hm maybe the overheads problem is why the snare sounds weird
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…