Quantcast
A little criticism would be appreciated!!! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A little criticism would be appreciated!!!
Old 13th November 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
A little criticism would be appreciated!!!

Hello all!
I've been recording for about 2 or 3 years now, not a whole lot mind you, just here and there - I've been working on low-end equipment for most of this time - now however I've at least got a nice FirePod, some M-Audio BX5a monitors, and various Shure and MXL microphones.

I would appreciate a little criticism on the sound of my mixes - I've mainly been going by ear, reading here or there for basic tips, etc. I'm aiming for a sound that is somewhat commercial but at the same time is unique - how else to explain it I'm not really sure. LOL

I finally have a few mixes I'm proud of for my band's newest songs, and I would really like some pointers/criticism on what I did wrong, what I did right (if anything at all LOL), what I could try, etc.

thanks for you time, everyone!!!

Oh, and please excuse the sucky-ass singing. I didn't have a good way to monitor myself at the time, and I honestly just sucked a lot more then LOL
oh, haha and excuse the silly file name. I was just really frustrated, I've spent the last 7 hours mixing. 0_o
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…