Quantcast
New project. Early Opinions? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New project. Early Opinions?
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
New project. With improved version.

(Edit) To those that listened to the first attachment previously--thanks and apologies. I think the silence about this song meant people were being kind! The first track was (is) a crappy mix and was hard to listen to. I've posted a bit more of a mix with this edit. If nothing else I'll share what I did if you think #2 sounds better...or more fun still--you can tell me!

This is an unrehearsed first take that I am in the process of overdubing. The drums have been re-done and the bass is a first take re-writing of the part. The vocals are first take and were done live with the instruments. The vocals will be re-done, there is a lot of bleed of the original instruments on that track--listen around 2:00!

So, this is a work in progress. Comments on drum sound? I only recently got a real kit in the studio and have worked the set up for a few songs now. It's a unfinished basement with some treatment.

Arrangement-wise, I'm going to add a slide guitar part for lead and fills around the changes. Any other ideas?

Is it even worth moving ahead with this one? Any comments would be appreciated!

MR
Attached Files

Fertile Ground Bass Overdub.mp3 (5.40 MB, 46 views)

Fertile Bass OD mix.mp3 (5.39 MB, 33 views)

Last edited by Mikeren; 13th February 2009 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: No responses--Added better mix
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…