A german popsong - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A german popsong
Old 6th February 2009
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
A german popsong

Hello Everybody!

I recently recorded a local Band that wanted to have a Demo-CD to promote themselves. It was really a low-budget-recording thing which was done in their rehearsal room. Keyboard, Drums and Bass were recorded at the same time to give it an organic feel (no click involved), the rest was overdubbed.
Since this was done on the amateurish "Let's do it all by ourselves"-Level, I tracked, mixed and, well, finalized it (better not call it mastering) by myself.
The mixing was completely ITB and, well, now that it's done - here is one song. Could be interesting for you to listen to a genuine german Pop Track, slightly cheesy, but I think it has charme.
I'm looking for a critic depending the mixing, the balance of levels, etc.
If you have the time, give it a shot!

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

With many greetings from Germany,

Fishmac
Old 6th February 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
This is really nice and quirky. I wish I understood German.

The supporting vocal parts are fun, and are so in a good way by virtue of your panning and leaving them thick and up front. The keyboard sound is a little modern and wedding bandish for my tastes, but it's not truly problematic. Other than that, listening on Etymotic in-ears, I wouldn't change much of anything - so long as quirk is tolerable to the client.

John Caldwell
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Thank you for your Response! "Wedding-Bandish" is a great description for the key-sound, I get it! It is exactly the sound they used to play live, the keyboard was recorded directly into my interface. I tried to make it a bit less sterile with an Amp-Simulation-Plug, but in the end it is what it is.

Thanks again, and greetings from Germany!
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…