Chuck Mosley (Faith No More) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Chuck Mosley (Faith No More)
Old 5th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Chuck Mosley (Faith No More)

Hello,

I've never posted in this forum before but...

If any one out there is a fan of early Faith No More (as in "We Care A Lot") I'm currently wrapping up an album for their original lead singer Chuck Mosley. Chuck's kind of like the punk rock Bob Dylan... You either love him.. Or you hate him... I, personally, think he's great.

In any case.. I'm producing and recording the record which will be released on my new label (Reversed Image Unlimited) in May of 2009. We've posted a rough mix of the song "Tractor" on his website Chuck Mosley (mp3 is in the downloads section) or you can check out his MySpace page (although the version on the site sounds better because it's not going through the crappy MySpace conversion). We're not quite done with the track but it's close enough to get the idea at least.

Feedback is welcome!
Old 9th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
WE CARE A LOT ..da dum du du du dum...

gonna check this now!
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years

crackin crackin tune!! and for a rough mix its sounding awesome. chucks voice is still incredibale.

i love the staticness of the music in juxtaposition with the loose vocal.. everything is tight as fook except the vocals which really flow over the top.

i am seriously impressed.
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Not really what I was expecting when you said Chuck Mosley. Sounds good, I would lay off the compression on the drum overheads SLIGHTLY. I like what you are going for with them but the hats and cymbals sounds just a little bit funky to me. Good job.

One more thing I forgot to mention. The acoustic in the intro, I love how it is pushed to the left but it's so isolated on that side that it annoys me. Maybe it's just my OCD kicking in. If it were me, I would duplicate the track, put the duplicate out of phase and push it to the right and add just a little bit level wise on the right side. That should exaggerate the image, push the guitar further left but not have it sounding so isolated over there.
Old 19th February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by anteupaudio ➡️
I've never posted in this forum before but...

If any one out there is a fan of early Faith No More (as in "We Care A Lot") I'm currently wrapping up an album for their original lead singer Chuck Mosley. Chuck's kind of like the punk rock Bob Dylan... You either love him.. Or you hate him... I, personally, think he's great.
This is my first post here, as well. In fact, your post brought me here. I loved early FNM. When Mosley was ousted/left/whatever, the band ceased to exist, as far as I was concerned. Introduce Yourself was the best album that band ever put out. The MTV-darling version of the band was atrocious.

I'll check out the track. I hope it lives up to my memories of Mosley's work.

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…