Quantcast
indie rock mix- how is it? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
indie rock mix- how is it?
Old 3rd February 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
indie rock mix- how is it?

i just finished recording and mixing a new track with my roomates and wanted some constructive criticism. we did it all ourselves in our basement with our low end gear. it's the first song called "the treasure hunter" at Follow Freeman on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

heres the gear used:
presonus fp10 firepod interface
sm57 on guitar amps
57 on snare top, 58 with ball off for snare bottom, homemade subkick, digital reference drum mic kit used on toms, kick in, and overheads.
sm58 used on vocals

what do you think? the track is downloadable if you want to hear a bit better quality.

Edit: I used Logic Express 8 and its plug-ins for everything.
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It sounds like you just threw mics in front of amps/drums and went for it. We all have to go through the early stages of recording and you'll get better. You can make good recordings with your equipment, just keep trying to get better sounds at the source...while mic'ing your amps/drums/vocals. Everything sounds a bit thin but keep going for it.
Cam
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…