Quantcast
Heavy pop/rock with URS CSP & Saturation ! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Heavy pop/rock with URS CSP & Saturation !
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
UPDATED: Heavy pop/rock with URS CSP & Saturation !

***UPDATE***
The mix and mastering (and some guitar parts) were redone on both of those songs. Have a listen again, it sounds much better !!!
***UPDATE***

Hi all,

I just finished mixing two songs, using the URS Console Strip Pro and Saturation plugins - almost on every single track. Comments and critics are more than welcome.

The first song is called 'Go Out Of Me': a modern, atmospheric rock song.
The second one is called 'Watch Them Die': a more brutal and metal piece, with some cool fx.

Enjoy :-)

P.S: the band is called Chrysalis, and their website is Chrysalis on MySpace if you're interested.
Attached Files

Chrysalis_GoOutOfMe.mp3 (5.35 MB, 871 views)

Chrysalis_WatchThemDie.mp3 (5.12 MB, 607 views)

Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
She sounds just like Madonna!

Only listened to the first one - I'm not really a metal fan. But the mix was quality. Vocal level just a bit too high though? Or, guitars could come up just a little in the verses instead.

The snare seems to lose loads of power when the vocal is in - mix buss compressor?

Nice work though.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I agree the bed is really good. Trim the vocal back to sit in the bed a bit. Still out front, but just tucked in.
Old 29th January 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Thanks FeatheredSerpent and Digibear for listening!

That's not the final mix, so I appreciate your critics a lot. The drummer made the same comment on the snare sound, I'll see what I can do... I agree with the voice being too loud as well!

Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
bump: both songs updated, see 1st post
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
So, more than 40 downloads, and no comments at all ?!?

C'mon, don't be shy now!

Or, maybe people's head are blowing up when listening to these mixes... let me check that
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Listend to Go out of me.

I dont want to critisize the sounds, I cant really find something that bothers me. However, I feel that the chorus is a weak part. I miss it opening up once it comes in. The verse feels sometimes larger than the chorus, which is "wrong" to me. Maybe try to pan the guitars more in the chorus, or if you cant, take them more to the middle during the verse. Same goes for the levels. I personally think the verse is too load compared to the chorus.

Take down the vox 0,5-1,5db and you are all set. I like the sounds of most instruments although it really sounds very saturated.

Hope that is not too harsh
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I also listen to Go out of me. Sound very good here, I like especially the snare in the chorus. But others than that I have to agree with hisbluness. I miss the progression from the vers to the chorus especially with the guitars. I have expected a kind of wide wall of guitarsound in the chorus.
Old 7th February 2009 | Show parent
Jax
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
In Go Out, I agree about the vocs still being too upfront, even with the updated mix. They also could use more space around them. I'd try a combination of adding reverb and pulling down the voc volume until it sits right. Can hear the autotune kicking in on the last note she sings in the tune. If the note can be fixed in a more subtle way (retracking if possible), then go for it. Or don't worry about it because almost no one in the public ear is going to notice autotune, or care if they do.

The guitar solo doesn't move or have life, I think I'd try panning it wide with a short delay and perhaps a short reverb to give it some depth.

Otherwise, pretty well done!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…