Quantcast
"CAPTION": guitar tone :squier strat+guitar rig,vox:maudio nova,bass/drums:reason 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"CAPTION": guitar tone :squier strat+guitar rig,vox:maudio nova,bass/drums:reason 4
Old 22nd January 2009
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
"CAPTION": guitar tone :squier strat+guitar rig,vox:maudio nova,bass/drums:reason 4

Guitars: DI Squier strat by fender
guitar rig 2. saturation plug in and cubase's distortion plugs
Vox: Dry, yet doubled, tripeld ,and even quadrupled onboard pre
Drum programming: Reason 4
Bass programming :Reason 4

It's a pretty simple mix.i think i achieved a nice balance what do you think?

"lets make a pact tonite, get in your knees we'll write it, my handz won't claim the sky,
sincere regards for the nails you bring in your heart, decide decide.

The sould you buried within wtihin your mind, the flesh youicarry on top of broken glass
The ones who can't come back, the ones who seek for silence
the ones who die to fly. the candel lite won't guide yout through this
let your desires arise

The soul you buried within wtihin your mind, the flesh you carry on top of broken glass
you've always wanted the things you can not have tonite tonite tonite you'll get whatever you want
whatever you want x2
all i want from you, all i want is to cry"
Attached Files

CAPTION.mp3 (2.81 MB, 227 views)

Old 22nd January 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
i don't know what goal you were trying to achieve, but as you are asking what to think; i will be trying to elaborate my adaptive opinion according to this style, to my ear the drums are barely audible, totally lacking of dynamics and presence. Knowingly, it is very difficult to reach good results of "good sounding drums" using such sampled drum kits, still you could have much better results by applying some maximizer filter and a bit of compression or limiting. If you are looking to have a more "live like" drums sound, i would recommend using EZ Drummer for example, in order to get something decently sounding, something close to a real drummer. The guitar tone is not that bad, but to me it sounds a bit thin and flat, depends on your preference.. but i would have put some really fat metal distortion on this but still there could be a better result, even using the same tools you did. Voice is ok.. and finally, where is the bass?
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Talking

i definitly agree with you and i apriciate your opinion, i have to try the EZdrummer, as far as the guitar tone goes..that was as a fat as i was able to get it (is that lame?) any recommended distortions?
i need help
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years

any other comments, YOU the guy/girl reading this..you can at least say hi
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
kYd
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Hey,

Those guitars do need something to thicken them up (maybe they lack too much low/ mids? You're gunna have to experiment.)

The bass needs more bass and try to change the drum sound as well (EZDrummer is a good choice- If you mix that like a real drumkit then you get a nice sound outta it.)

The only other thing I would say if that's a problem is try compressing the drums that you already have, layering more redrum sounds to thicken (nothing obvious though, just subtle additions to the overall drum sound)
Old 27th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
yo

thnx for the advice i will try that ,
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…