Quantcast
Trying to find the best mastering-house for my album... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trying to find the best mastering-house for my album...
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Trying to find the best mastering-house for my album...

So I've been recording our new album for the past 2 months or so. We're getting towards the end of our project and I want to send it off to get professionaly mastered. I have a few questions...The genre of music is around alternative/rock/jazz...

1. I dont know where to turn for a professional mastering studio. So any recommendations would be great. I live around LA and the OC, but location does not matter.

2. How do most mastering enginners like to have the pre-master presented to them?? i.e. what form? and specific db range? should i take compression off the master track, i.e. L2??

3. What is the average price range of getting say, 15 songs mastered? I understand there are different calibers of mastering houses, so if you could put me in the price ranges for them to give me an overall idea in what I should be spending.

Thanks.
Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerGuy09
So I've been recording our new album for the past 2 months or so. We're getting towards the end of our project and I want to send it off to get professionaly mastered. I have a few questions...The genre of music is around alternative/rock/jazz...

1. I dont know where to turn for a professional mastering studio. So any recommendations would be great. I live around LA and the OC, but location does not matter.

2. How do most mastering enginners like to have the pre-master presented to them?? i.e. what form? and specific db range? should i take compression off the master track, i.e. L2??

3. What is the average price range of getting say, 15 songs mastered? I understand there are different calibers of mastering houses, so if you could put me in the price ranges for them to give me an overall idea in what I should be spending.

Thanks.
I know some guys in NYC that do top work. email me and I'll give you some more info.

[email protected]
Old 31st May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
If you're in or around LA it's Dave Collins for my money.

http://www.collinsaudio.com/

Nuff said.
Old 4th November 2010
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Corr8233, this thread has been dormant for four and a half years.
Closed