Quantcast
Two Avid Artist Mixes busted out of box, hooray.. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Two Avid Artist Mixes busted out of box, hooray..
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Two Avid Artist Mixes busted out of box, hooray..

So I've had a busy week.

Went and bought an Avid Artist Mix, got it set up, and it worked great for that day, after the usual minor gear setup headaches. Next morning when I went to power it up, nothing. Nada. Zilch. So, as I had work to do, and couldn't waste time at that moment, I just continued on with my work. Randomly, the unit powered on of its own volition an hour and a half later. Hooray, says I, must've been something weird in the air, go about and do my business, and then go for lunch, powering everything down. Come back, and it won't power back on again. So, having done a bit of research into the problems with power supplies on these units, I figure that's the problem, take it back, and exchange it for another. I get this one home, set it up, and.... it won't turn off. Only way to get it to shut off is to physically pull the power cable from the unit. As well, the power button doesn't work properly, which I determine by trying to set the unit to run on a Manual IP, which at some point requires that you press the power button in conjunction with a number of other buttons...

So.

Do I go for unit number three, or just give this up as a loss, and get my money back? I really want to like it, I mean, it functioned great when I could get it to work.. but these hassles make me really wonder about the quality control of the Artist series stuff. I like using faders, and I really liked the displays on the Artist Mix, and like the idea of the Eucon for plugin control over dealing with something using HUI protocol.
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
i think give it another try. we have 4 units and they worked great out of the box. but there many known issues with them. the older models always crack on the surface in the exact same place, the little raising wings brake easily cause they're made out of the cheapest possible plastic. but as far as the functionality , they are great and many people use them without any issues. maybe you got really unlucky with them
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…