Quantcast
Plugins SUCK the life out of me!!; Prove me wrong. - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Plugins SUCK the life out of me!!; Prove me wrong.
Old 31st January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Compared to the degradation we've all been forced to endure on the sound quality of phone conversations over the past 15 years, the shift towards plugins and daws has been downright kind.

I got a landline in for business about a month ago, first landline I've had in probably 7 years.

Could not BELIEVE how ****ty it sounded, even on my supergroovy chocolate brown donut phone.

Landline cancelled.

It takes hard work and determination to make something this righteous sound like ass:

Corporations... PHOOEY!

Gregory Scott - ubk
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I used to own a phone like that....LOL Old AT&T phones sounded great, the ones we had to rent back in the 70's and before in the USA....Then the goverment deregulated them into Baby Bell companies....after moving to Florida, i again have a choice of AT&T for landLine...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k ➡️
Compared to the degradation we've all been forced to endure on the sound quality of phone conversations over the past 15 years, the shift towards plugins and daws has been downright kind.

I got a landline in for business about a month ago, first landline I've had in probably 7 years.

Could not BELIEVE how ****ty it sounded, even on my supergroovy chocolate brown donut phone.

Landline cancelled.

It takes hard work and determination to make something this righteous sound like ass:

Corporations... PHOOEY!

Gregory Scott - ubk
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I use Nebula's Vintage Analogue AT&T Emulation iPhone app.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k ➡️

Landline cancelled.

Corporations... PHOOEY!

Gregory Scott - ubk
Haha, I have a Panasonic KX-TGA226R cordless landline phone and it sounds great. It has voice enhancer technology so callers sound good and the my cell phone's voicemail also sounds good and LOUD. On the occasion that I've miked its speaker with an SM57 it sounds better than talk radio callers over the radio.

I think they spent all the money going into the aesthetics of the phone and very little on the guts.
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years

Dunno. Just felt like the right time to drag out the old "Eveanne Manley cell phone" pic.
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Hey, don't complain. At least you are getting something sucked out of you. It could be worse.
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsi ➡️
You plugin users are a little sensitive and very touchy...prove me wrong on plugins not name calling!!and BTW I use them but still think they arn't comparable to real hardware...
Why would anyone want to bother proving that you (and you are) obviously wrong. You don't want anyone calling you names, but you start your post with so much misplaced aggression... Maybe you should get back on your meds or something.
Old 1st February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpakka ➡️
Why would anyone want to bother proving that you (and you are) obviously wrong. You don't want anyone calling you names, but you start your post with so much misplaced aggression... Maybe you should get back on your meds or something.
Yes, back to your cave.........analog-boy
Old 2nd February 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Your a freaking Idiot Jimsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperUser ➡️
Old 3rd February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperUser ➡️
digital is lame. Chemical nano-computing is where the future's at. I'll be using my chemical and biochemical nano-computer drum bots and compressors to make 'organic' beats all the while you'll be in your cave crying 'these new audio technologies suck and lack the lush cold sharpness of digital signals' and people will be searching ebay for vintage mac pro's as used on the 'classic' pop albums of our time

jk I love analog and digital, but seriously, I'm looking forward to what the future holds
Old 3rd February 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Organic DNA based quantum slime computation plugins suck the life out of me
Closed
Topic: