Quantcast
Green Day Smashes Guitar Declares He's Not F-ing Bieber - Page 4 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Green Day Smashes Guitar Declares He's Not F-ing Bieber
Old 11th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfahb44 ➡️
A lot of you lot have a crazy distorted idea of what punk is. I have respect for Green Day, and their reaction was completely justified in my opinion, but they are nearly as far from punk as it gets.
Punk changes, just like rock changes. They are pop punk, and have never claimed any different. Define punk, minor threat, sex pistols, ramones...
Old 11th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyder boy ➡️
Punk changes, just like rock changes. They are pop punk, and have never claimed any different. Define punk, minor threat, sex pistols, ramones...
So true. A few months ago I was in Waldbaums supermarket and heard "Basket Case" on the overheard music. I laughed and when my girlfriend asked what's up I told her that what was considered punk in the 90s is now shopping music. How times change.

Regards,
Frank
Old 13th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyder boy ➡️
pop punk =/= punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian ➡️
So true. A few months ago I was in Waldbaums supermarket and heard "Basket Case" on the overheard music. I laughed and when my girlfriend asked what's up I told her that what was considered punk in the 90s is now shopping music. How times change.

Regards,
Frank

See above. I'm not saying Green Day is a bad band, I'm saying that pop-punk is hardly punk
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…