Quantcast
Green Day Smashes Guitar Declares He's Not F-ing Bieber - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Green Day Smashes Guitar Declares He's Not F-ing Bieber
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth ➑️
Probably staged, if not, kinda hard to make a claim for cred when you're 40....

FORTY? Dear man, he'll never see 40 again. He's pushing towards 50 now.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianww ➑️
???? - I would have thought that Static Age would have been a very appropriate song to follow a tirade about radio being ****. Unless this is a different version of Static Age we're talking about?
Given that GD is currently played on classic rock, top 40, modern rock and contemporary mix stations isn't a little thick for him to bemoan the state of radio that has made him a rather wealthy person..

Now he's rehab. Apparently their set was not cut short according to an announcement on greenday.com
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike ➑️
FORTY? Dear man, he'll never see 40 again. He's pushing towards 50 now.
he's exactly 40 years old (1972)
Old 24th September 2012
Deleted 1846071
I imagine they caved due to pressure from Clear Channel. It is pretty clear that their set really was cut short.

He was justifiably upset, I think, but I'd have reacted differently.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
WOW, Drugs every time.
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I like that guy now...I didn't before.New fan here.
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I hate to see people destroy instruments on state. That looked like a damn nice Telecaster, one many people would love to own. Like me.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagavulin16 ➑️
I hate to see people destroy instruments on state. That looked like a damn nice Telecaster, one many people would love to own. Like me.
It's yours! Bring your own broom!
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagavulin16 ➑️
That looked like a damn nice Telecaster, one many people would love to own. Like me.
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
What a drama queen.
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I heard on NPR that they have 3 albums coming out in the next few months. This could explain a lot.
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro ➑️
I heard on NPR that they have 3 albums coming out in the next few months. This could explain a lot.
lol exactly! Its cool to go to rehab now hes all over the "news"
Old 26th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Major Green Day fan here, part of the fan club and all that kind of stuff (yes, I'm a fan-girl for them )

While I have no doubts that Billie has a problem here, I think it's unfair to call the smashing of the instrument a PR stunt for the record.

I do, however, believe that his "seeking treatment" (notice they carefully didn't use the word "rehab" in the press release) allows him to be off the talk shows and late night shows etc for the next 30-40 days - imagine if he'd have gone on Ellen or any of the other press engagements - they'd have eaten him alive!

As I said, while I'm sure Billie has a problem that he is in the process of sorting out (and his wife's tweets are incredibly reassuring), it does seem that the reason they made the "seeking treatment" thing (including the noting that their set wasn't cut short, conveniently) was purely to stop the situation from getting any worse; in other words, damage control.

Billie Joe Armstrong is a bad-ass m-f'er and I will respect the man til I die. The new record is great, seeing them live June 1st next year will be the icing on the cake, and Dos is just around the corner. Great band and I think anyone pointing at him and targeting him specifically ought to remember all the other acts that have done the same if not worse things.

Green Day drinking and doing drugs is NOTHING new - they wrote a song about smoking weed and jerking off and another entirely about "blowing of steam with methamphetamine".

Now let's get back to what matters, people
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I can understand where he's coming from but I can't give him credit for acting less than professional. Come on dude you're a little old to still be acting like a "PUNK"!!!! The Sex Pistols already did that one up!!
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTSH ➑️
While I have no doubts that Billie has a problem here, I think it's unfair to call the smashing of the instrument a PR stunt for the record.
My issue is that if it was a calculated PR stunt, cool. Well done, Billie. Lots of fun for the crowd, nice R&R show 'tude, and free publicity coming your way.

If it was a genuine rant... WTF?? No respect. Time to man up. BTW, Copernicus called. It seems that you're not the center of...
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
That fact that your sharing the same stage with Usher and your a "Punk Rock" band... you deserve to have your sound turned off..
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinrob ➑️
I can understand where he's coming from but I can't give him credit for acting less than professional. Come on dude you're a little old to still be acting like a "PUNK"!!!! The Sex Pistols already did that one up!!
You mean there is a age limit on getting into punk? Maybe I'm to old for Diana Krall and Chris Botti as well.

Listen and enjoy what you want.
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone ➑️
Maybe I'm to old for Diana Krall and Chris Botti as well.
Too young you mean.

PR Stunt. Green Day has been BS in my eyes since I saw them (see earlier post). Talented songwriter, great musician and great live just ditch the antics and pseudo politics.
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanvoth ➑️
Too young you mean.

PR Stunt. Green Day has been BS in my eyes since I saw them (see earlier post). Talented songwriter, great musician and great live just ditch the antics and pseudo politics.
If you have seen the whole video, he was def. messed up before he went off. I've know billy long enough to know it was...
Old 27th September 2012
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
If Usher didn't get off stage when he should have then maybe Greenday shouldnt have either!

This threads made me think of this Danzig video though - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfD7a...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SK17i 2
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
People all over are talking about Green Day....Mission acomplished
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Billie def appeared to be F-ed up. No doubt about it. Someone told me today that he is currently residing in a rehab facility. Don't know how much truth there is to that.
Old 28th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Always liked Green Day but would take the Sex Pistols and the Jam over them any day of the week.

At this point if you smash your guitar onstage you are presenting yourself as an also-ran. It's been done at least as far back as the Who. It's old hat (yawn)..

Try something new to shock us with please.
Old 28th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
They released an album on Monday... weird coincidence he's been getting column inches for rehab and a pathetic rant onstage.
Old 28th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
I'm just happy there's some decent pop-punk that's still popular. He can smoke banana peels for all I care, as long as the music keeps on coming!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
With all the fake ass music these days, why would any of you who are in this industry (or are trying to be), dog him for being a real person, playing real music, with real instruments? We should be grateful they are keeping rocks head above water.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyder boy ➑️
With all the fake ass music these days, why would any of you who are in this industry (or are trying to be), dog him for being a real person, playing real music, with real instruments? We should be grateful they are keeping rocks head above water.
Jeez... is that how bad things are these days, that we should be grateful for Green Day
Old 29th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassica ➑️
Jeez... is that how bad things are these days, that we should be grateful for Green Day
These guys are one of the most prolific bands in the the last 20 years. Their record (and grammy's) speak for it's self. And your accomplishments are?
I thought so...
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…