Quantcast
Jim Williams: What's happening to all your post? - Page 20 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Jim Williams: What's happening to all your post?
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Hmm, they don't?

Then why are y'all reading and getting all riled up.

I insulted digital music and gave reasons why.

G
No, you insulted people. Read back through your posts and see if you can see why.

The irony is that YOU record digitally as well, and that you've not really demonstrated anything so far that couldn't be done with any DAW. If you want to rile about modern production, go ahead - but that's a different rant isn't it.

I don't really know what you think you're doing that is so fabulous sounding, but so far...really underwhelming examples you've posted!
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️

Calling other people's productions (not music) "cartoon sounding" - without having heard them? And then complaining that people are prejudging you?
Psycho,

I can only surmise that the emotional reaction you all have to another
person's opinion is based on your own insecurity about the issue, as in, what if he is right?

Please cite me complaining about people judging me, be my guest one and all.

If you care what people think of you, you become their prisoner, Tao 27.

G
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Due to low morale, the beatings will continue.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
No, you insulted people. Read back through your posts and see if you can see why.

The irony is that YOU record digitally as well, and that you've not really demonstrated anything so far that couldn't be done with any DAW. If you want to rile about modern production, go ahead - but that's a different rant isn't it.

I don't really know what you think you're doing that is so fabulous sounding, but so far...really underwhelming examples you've posted!
Psycho,

Please cite insults.

Please take your medication...

See, now you don't have to search for citation...

Lighten up dude, have fun, like I said you have already
served your purpose.

G
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Noise ➡️
Due to low morale, the beatings will continue.
move along here nothing to see

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Psycho,

I can only surmise that the emotional reaction you all have to another
person's opinion is based on your own insecurity about the issue, as in, what if he is right?
Not at all. I can only surmise that your overwhelming need to educate others comes from the same.

Quote:
Please cite me complaining about people judging me, be my guest one and all.

If you care what people think of you, you become their prisoner, Tao 27.

G
"but all the people who diss me should really wait until the hear the music, not good poker to bet before the hand is dealt." (no-one did this btw)

"My only comment is why don't professional engineers listen to something before they form an opinion on it" (no-one did this btw)

"So, guess what, if someone spend 4 months ragging on what an asshole I am and subtly digged about the work I do, without bothering to find out what the work is...etc" (Kenny's response to this one was bordering on brilliant).

Now, about all the times you state people say they said something they didn't then argue against the straw man....

I'm not the only one who thinks this - from Fleaman: "Yet you keep on changing the subject and paraphrasing everyone's response to support your viewpoint, which again, isn't the topic at hand." I'm sure most others will concur...in fact, anyone who DOESN'T think GWNT misrepresents others?

And then we get "My whole point of being here and stating my principles is a marketing endeavor cause my website on the way". Yeah, because proving yourself arrogant and opinionated is suuuuch good publicity!

Learnt what a metaphor is yet? I'll give you a hint, it's nothing like you seemed to think....

Going to apologise for the fascist comments? Come on, I'm looking for proof or I might start getting offended properly...

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Psycho,

Please cite insults.

Please take your medication...

See, now you don't have to search for citation...

Lighten up dude, have fun, like I said you have already
served your purpose.

G
I have cited them already. Please read back if you missed it the fist time.

The guy who claims to have Aspergers tells ME to take medication?! hee hee....you funny guy Dr Jones.

I'm glad I've served my purpose. Good luck on your venture...I think it's lucky you don't need it to make a profit!
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
The guy who claims to have Aspergers tells ME to take medication?!
Seems more like Tourettes.

Sorry GNWT; After reading through the entire exchange, just calling it as it is. I'm no MD, but I play one on the internet sometimes.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
What it is, is an unusual ability to focus on a single subject.
I will only comment on this. To add : with an equally unusual ability to alienate all those they come in contact with. At first glance, a sociopath. At second glance, put in simple terms - just someone with a mental inability to see things through someone else's eyes. That proverbial INability to walk a mile in someone else's shoes.

I understand Aspergers quite well. Someone I love dearly is significantly afflicted with it. Perhaps one of the saddest things I have seen.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
No, yThe Aspergers divulgement, once you ignore the rant, does explain a lot.
Indeed. And I am saddened. Truly.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro ➡️
No wax? Man, you gotta expand your horizons!
kennybro - can you recommend a good wax cylinder recording device. I think I may have missed the boat there, and for me to achieve the ultimate musical goals I have, I think I must go back and start at the beginning again...
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
...and now the backtracking begins.

"Your great stuff from your Pro Tools rig is still a cartoon of
music to me, an opinion, so if you were using that great
stuff for good instead of evil, would be fine."

That'll do for now.

Incidentally, flicking back through the posts...would anyone like to run a book on how many there are where GNWT replies to someone, and then immediately gets the response "no...I didn't say that...I said this"? I lost count after the first 15 or so....it's quite comical just how much he doesn't understand/wilfully misquotes.
Quoted for clarity. This nails it. G I don't expect you to understand.

Quote:
Because you regularly insult people, then reply to them telling them how could the possibly think something...that they never said.

That's what riles people.
Psycho - that is classic aspergers play out. And the primary reason a person seriously afflicted with it end up alienating almost everyone in their lives. In severe cases, it is accompanied by screaming, and close to violent confrontation. I cannot voluntarily take on anyone else with it. Honestly, it is a vastlly misunderstood syndrome. Back when I grew up, we just called these people anti-social assholes. They are not. Just misunderstood, and uber-defensive in trying to get people to understand what they are saying. Which of course very few do because it comes with such hostility and condescension. The people afflicted are generally very intelligent.

I will not point the finger @ G, as I have a compassion for those with it, but I know this behavior INTIMATELY and his rants fall right into the classic examples.
Gear Guru

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
kennybro - can you recommend a good wax cylinder recording device. I think I may have missed the boat there, and for me to achieve the ultimate musical goals I have, I think I must go back and start at the beginning again...
So much punchier than newer technologies like wire. The wife and I do a lot of antiquing, so should I run up on one, you'll have first dibs.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia ➡️
SERIOUSLY?

Dear god, please give people the wisdom to stop posting in threads they wish would go way.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Correct, the Superman of the Signal Chain uses an Alesis HD24XR.

Then he replaces the converters with state of the art and replaces op amps
transistors and capacitors with the far cheaper and higher grade chips that were not available when the machine was introduced or were too expensive for a commercial price point.

I prefer the work flow that the session controller provides with RADAR so we have the equivalent but he spent 2500 and I spent 14,000.

Go deeper Grasshopper,

G
Uhm, he does NOT replace "the converters with state of the art", he leaves the Alesis HD24XR converters stock, grasshopper.

And as usual you missed the whole point of my post. I quoted you saying "My choice analogue not digital." I responded to the point and as usual you did not. A modded HD24XR is still digital. The RADAR is still digital.

Wow.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Although I feel a little sympathetic towards the G man if there are clinically diagnosable issues at play here..... But this is like reality TV at it's finest, I can't get enough of him.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Psycho,
I think that digital music is crap, fractional sound that is the equivalent of fast food or animated movies.

You and the rest of the dogma of the digital world disagree.

G
Since you record digital music also, you're saying your own recordings are 'crap'.

Got it.

Makes total sense

I now await G-man's response that will have nothing to do with what I (and others) have pointed out
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Psycho,

I have been in studios with pros since I was 10 who were making the music your parents bought, sold 10 million albums I produced and or engineered back in the day - so I have a reasonable resume to discuss the issue

G
Our friend here sent me some info that he produced an Acapella group for 5 records that he claims add up to 1 or 2 million records. Just wanted to pass that along.

I checked on RIAA and none of their records sold even Gold but that doesn't change his claim if he's adding them all together.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthinupmysleeve ➡️
SERIOUSLY?

Dear god, please give people the wisdom to stop posting in threads they wish would go way.
I didn't want it to go away. I wanted it to stop.
Old 21st January 2013 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
I will only comment on this. To add : with an equally unusual ability to alienate all those they come in contact with. At first glance, a sociopath. At second glance, put in simple terms - just someone with a mental inability to see things through someone else's eyes. That proverbial INability to walk a mile in someone else's shoes.

I understand Aspergers quite well. Someone I love dearly is significantly afflicted with it. Perhaps one of the saddest things I have seen.
Now that DOES explain a lot. Sad indeed.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Gioia ➡️
Our friend here sent me some info that he produced an Acapella group for 5 records that he claims add up to 1 or 2 million records. Just wanted to pass that along.

I checked on RIAA and none of their records sold even Gold but that doesn't change his claim if he's adding them all together.

Text of Response to Kenny Goia:

Hey Kenny Goia,

Whoa good job, like I didn't know you were going to share with your buddies.

What a pussy, you would have been chewed up and spit out back in the day.

But all good, why do you think they have no record of it.

That is the way the record companies whose dick you suck daily get around paying me and you, dumb ****.

They are on Rhino, Collectible Records, etc "compilations" and I never got paid for any of it.

You are a sorry excuse for a male and enjoy the men's group you hang with to talk about your feelings.

Ah, I feel better now,

Eric
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Psycho Rat is stalking me on my thread, here is the note got from Gearslutz.

Presented without comment.

Dear GNWT,

You have received a warning at Gearslutz.com.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)

You have no right to tell other users to "get the f**k out of here". You don't own the forum. I've been very tolerant when you've insulted me - I won't be the same for others. This is a gentle warning. Next time it will be infractions and bans.
-------

Original Post:
https://gearspace.com/board/so-mu...ml#post8655765
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avast!
Isn't a 'destination studio' supposed to have attractive gear and rooms?

Avast!

So, you believe the word attractive is objective?

You are lost sir, come back when you find out what
the difference between an opinion and a fact is.

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own
facts.

And attractive is an opinion, not a fact, you can look it up.

So, there is this guy named Tom Dowd, engineer went to a studio
and used their Casio of the day Wurly 100 instead of a Fender Rhodes.

Was a destination studio with really really average gear.

But Tom didn't care, he found it "attractive" for sound and he loved the creative vibe and went back over and over with Aretha, Dylan, Bob Seger,
Duane Allman, etc.

Objectively, I am tired of kids like you who think that music started when Pro Tools first came out or Nirvana dude died...

So with all due respect get the **** out of here so people who are passionate about music and gear can hang....

With all due respect...

NO GEAR FOR YOU!

G
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Gearslutz.com
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Guess he blocked me. <shrugs>
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhager84 ➡️
Guess he blocked me. <shrugs>
If you mean me dude, never block anyone.
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Looks like the clean-up crew finally arrived. I'm surprised it took as long as it did.

It's been fascinating to watch, in a terrible car-crash sort of way, but...good riddance.
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
So, sent this to Jules to leave to see objectively if GS wants to support
Psycho's actions to take down my posts:

Re: GS
You allow this?:

About 6 of your regulars like Kenny Goia ganged up on Jim Williams whom I have known for 35 years, went on there to see what the fuss was about and of course, they ganged up on me, not sweat all good fun hanging out.

But then he went onto posts on my thread and deleted them.

Dude, there is more information there for a young musician to learn from than most, imo.

So, question to you, if you are going to allow this passive aggressive child to censor interesting information then kick me out, please.

I will find or build a place where adults respect each others opinions and know the difference between an opinion and an ad hominum attack.

They are all upset because I think digital processed music is like a cartoon, an opinion.

Your call,

Eric

Dear GNWT,

You have received a warning at Gearslutz.com.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)

You have no right to tell other users to "get the f**k out of here". You don't own the forum. I've been very tolerant when you've insulted me - I won't be the same for others. This is a gentle warning. Next time it will be infractions and bans.
-------

Original Post:
https://gearspace.com/board/so-mu...ml#post8655765
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avast!
Isn't a 'destination studio' supposed to have attractive gear and rooms?

Avast!

So, you believe the word attractive is objective?

You are lost sir, come back when you find out what
the difference between an opinion and a fact is.

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own
facts.

And attractive is an opinion, not a fact, you can look it up.

So, there is this guy named Tom Dowd, engineer went to a studio
and used their Casio of the day Wurly 100 instead of a Fender Rhodes.

Was a destination studio with really really average gear.

But Tom didn't care, he found it "attractive" for sound and he loved the creative vibe and went back over and over with Aretha, Dylan, Bob Seger,
Duane Allman, etc.

Objectively, I am tired of kids like you who think that music started when Pro Tools first came out or Nirvana dude died...

So with all due respect get the **** out of here so people who are passionate about music and gear can hang....

With all due respect...

NO GEAR FOR YOU!

G
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Gearslutz.com
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ah. I thought he blocked me... lol. All of the posts were gone.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianww ➡️
Looks like the clean-up crew finally arrived. I'm surprised it took as long as it did.

It's been fascinating to watch, in a terrible car-crash sort of way, but...good riddance.
I thought it was probably right that a disinterested party took the initiative...wouldn't want to be called a fascist again!
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Posted on my site for information here.

To all,

As I am about to probably leave GS, want to thank all who participated and kept the conversation going.

I know it is trite to say, but The Analogue Cafe is a tribe and arts community that welcomes all ideas that are both selfish and righteous.

We believe that actions come from principles, one of which mirrors the free speech clause in the US constitution.

If this site does not recognize the right to free speech, we must of course, leave, according to our principles.

The Orwellian programming to make us all cynical and accept our masters bidding is a metaphor for this nonsense.

I will not be posting again until I hear from Jules regarding whether or not he will let Psycho Monkey edit me.

If the policy of GS is to give this power to passive aggressive children or even wise men, I will either build or find a site that will allow like minded artists to communicate free of the rules that stifle creativity, like those on GS.

Thanks again,

Eric
Closed
Topic: