Quantcast
Jim Williams: What's happening to all your post? - Page 19 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Jim Williams: What's happening to all your post?
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #541
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
OK. Accepted. Perhaps you should learn to form complete sentences with structure and form. Your points would be FAR less misconstrued.
Bill,

Hmm, maybe you are right, but wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

This is like jazz, that would be classical, not right for the room if you
get my drift.

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #542
Lives for gear
 
Fleaman's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
My choice analogue not digital.
I believe your hero Mr. Williams records digitally to an Alesis HD24XR.
2
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #543
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Bill,

Actually the fact that y'all think that fractional sound is great sets the bar quite low.

My bar is not set low. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to wager a fair sum that it's in the upper 1% of our industry. That can't conceivably be construed as "low" by anyone.

I know what music sounds like in the soul before it is conceived.

I know what it sounds like as it grows inside the mind, coming into being, forming a unique and artistic statement.

I know what it sounds like when I pick up pencil and paper and write directly from my mind without any interaction from instruments or "gear" of any kind.

I know what it sounds like when it's birthed through my keyboards or guitars or voice.

I know what it sounds like when others touch it, embrace it and make it their own, bringing their unique touch, and making it yet more pure.

I know what it sounds like when a KICK ASS band rocks it, when an orchestra joins together as one and lifts it to the heavens, when an accapella voice gently serenades it. I'd be willing to guess that over half of the people here have never experienced all of those.

I know what it sounds like when I put up world class mics (not 57's and 58's) thru world class signal chains (like @ capitol or at my own studio) and the music is still breathing human breath before ANY archiving medium.

And then,,,,,,

Then I know what it sounds like going to tape and hitting playback, and what it sounds like going thru Pro Tools and pressing a space bar. NEITHER plays back what it sounds like "live" thru the microphones. BOTH have their weaknesses and their strengths. And microphones themselves fall short of capturing the "reality" of music.

I am intimately familiar with ALL these ways to hear music because I create, record and produce music daily in almost all of these venue's.

To say I set the bar low is an insult. You are at it again, can you not see how you belittle others. I'm am beginning to think you suffer from Aspergers.

I choose a mic, I choose a note, I choose a recording medium, I choose an EQ. I use art to decide which. It is my choice. I can and have used all short of wax cylinders to create music.

For you to impose your medium of archiving your art as superior to mine shows hubris, narcissism, and ego, and ultimately a complete lack of understanding of what I do.

Your loss. Before I continue in any more silliness, you can PM me your real name and credits so that I can see for myself if you have any credibility or if you're just an old bitter man, loosing touch with the world surrounding him. Otherwise, like Kenny, I'm out.
4
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #544
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Bill,

What is sad, to me, that is, is that a young engineer like Psycho does
not realize that you don't edit a vocal of one of the masters of a genre.


And now another episode of the horror of...

If Pro Tools was invented in 1965...

Arif Mardin: Tom, did you get that down?

Tom Dowd: Yeah, cool Arif, tell Aretha we are good, will just copy and paste the ending of Natural Woman, maybe clean up that part where she bends the note.




G
You seem to miss the fact that it's the PRODUCER who drives the creative vision. I can and do use PT all the time without edits, trickery or tweaking to make musicians "sound better". If your view of PT is one of audio trickery, you are point your accusatory finger in the wrong direction. Try pointing @ the producer or engineer.
2
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #545
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman ➡️
I believe your hero Mr. Williams records digitally to an Alesis HD24XR.
Yeah, and according to G, RADAR is analog because it sounds as good as tape, but has a better work flow. I dunno, I didn't get wrapped up in that debacle. You'll have to go back and find that part of the debate....
1
Share
Old 20th January 2013
  #546
Lives for gear
 
ssaudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
How do you think I got this way.

Dropped on your head when but a babe?


Cheers

Mickey
1
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #547
Moderator
 
psycho_monkey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
I see you do thorough research or you don't have this new thing called Google.

Pic attached of Daniel Lanois from the RADAR website with this quote:

“I like the Radar because I grew up using tape recorders, and it is like using a tape recorder.” Daniel Lanois
Now point me to where in that quote it says he doesn't use pro tools?

It may FUNCTION more like a tape recorder...it SOUNDS more like pro tools. In fact, if you use Pro Tools with RADAR converters, it sounds EXACTLY like pro tools.

Are we talking sound or workflow? Come on, you gotta try harder than this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Psycho,

Yes there is not much room in the industry for people like Daniel Lanois who uses a RADAR that costs less than the Macs you work on.

If the creator himself touched you and said, dude, G and DL are right, you would probably tell him he was rude and wouldn't listen.

G
First of all...no point arguing "creator" to this atheist

Secondly, bit much to assume you have a hypothetical "god on your side" don't you think? In fact, it's a bit much to think that DL would agree with you!

You're again twisting my words...please point it to where I say "there's no room in the industry for people like DL". I actually said "there's not much room for people as specialist as LIAM WATSON". YOU mentioned DL - I made no mention of him. Please please PLEASE stop misquoting me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Psycho,

My dad produced race records in the late 40s, managed Jackie Wilson and Billie Paul in the 60s, took me to a pressing plant to press my first record when I was 10 and took me to see an "Uncle", who wrote top ten hits for Elvis...

Anybody ever heard Sixty Minute Man, Billy Ward and the Dominos, featuring Jackie Wilson and Ben E King?

So, no,never had that issue, he taught me a lot about making records...started on direct to disk.
I'd say you're the exception then. MOST people grow up liking music their parents don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
How do you think I got this way.
I think SSAudio summed it up best....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
But it is also because being around music guys and record rats as my mother
called them like Jerry Moss, the M in A&M who didn't listen to people who told him that an instrumental act couldn't sell.

Of course, nobody would buy instrumentals in volume, right?

I heard a discussion of this backstage in Philadelphia in 1963 or so when Herb Alpert and Jerry were promoting The Lonely Bull.

They built a quarter billion dollar record company on Tijuana Brass and Brazil 66, so I kind of learned that if you want to be int he game,do what everyone else is, if you want to be above the game think for yourself.

I got out of the business because of my musical experiences in Africa where music means something very different that it does in the West.

I said I wouldn't come back to it until I could do what I want my way because there were no alternatives to the big guys.

I wasn't on "sabbatical", I was acquiring the resources to do what i set out to do 25 years ago.

G
Why this is about JW's mods, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Lady Gaga is hypnosis, meant to upset and confuse, good music puts one in a trance and heals.

One is righteous, the other is not, up to the reader.

G

There you go again, mistaking fact for opinion. Why can BOTH not be "righteous"? LG is modern pop - it's meant for dancing to, not to "upset and confuse". The shock element is marketing - and nothing more.

Now of course, as a musician and not a teenage girl, I agree with you on a personal level. I much prefer "classic" tracks to Lady Gaga. But I'm not arrogant enough to think my opinion is fact.
1
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #548
Moderator
 
psycho_monkey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Bill,

What is sad, to me, that is, is that a young engineer like Psycho does
not realize that you don't edit a vocal of one of the masters of a genre.


And now another episode of the horror of...

If Pro Tools was invented in 1965...

Arif Mardin: Tom, did you get that down?

Tom Dowd: Yeah, cool Arif, tell Aretha we are good, will just copy and paste the ending of Natural Woman, maybe clean up that part where she bends the note.




G
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
I'm all for a better recording. If something bugs me I'd want it changed. If I'm just engineering for another producer, I'll do what they want, and only offer an opinion if asked. If a crack in the voice adds to the emotion, of course I'll leave it. If it sounds like a gaffe, I don't care who's made it, I think it should be fixed. If you don't agree with that aesthetic, no probs, your choice. But that doesn't make either of us wrong - there's plenty of successful people with my viewpoint, just as there are plenty with yours.
Quoting myself for the Hard of Reading. G - if you'd like to substitute where I wrote "crack in the voice" for "bend in the note", I think that'll find you'll (hopefully) get where I'm coming from.

If you can't - you basically can't read English.

As bill points out, you also fail to distinguish the roles of producer and engineer -kinda important if you're opening a "high end Hawaiian tracking room" don't you think?
4
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #549
Moderator
 
psycho_monkey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
https://gearspace.com/board/high-end...rd-gear-8.html

Song 02 first using all of Jims outboards, rough mix
There's no way I can be bothered to trawl through 10 pages of your posts! point me to a specific post or re-upload, then I'll listen.

PS are you going to withdraw your "fascist" allegations? I notice how you conveniently only reply to the points that you can argue against, ignoring all others. Please reply, with quotes from where I've said anything remotely fascist, or withdraw your allegations.

Particularly keen to see where I threatened to lock the thread. You said explicitly that I did, so please show me where, or withdraw it.
4
Share
Old 20th January 2013
  #550
Lives for gear
 
jrhager84's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Whoa. This guy is nuts!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
2
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #551
Gear Guru
 
Sqye's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Lightbulb

.

OK, you guys DEFINITELY have too much time on your hands...

.
1
Share
Old 20th January 2013
  #552
Lives for gear
 
hyposonic's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
wow
2
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #553
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman ➡️
I believe your hero Mr. Williams records digitally to an Alesis HD24XR.
Correct, the Superman of the Signal Chain uses an Alesis HD24XR.

Then he replaces the converters with state of the art and replaces op amps
transistors and capacitors with the far cheaper and higher grade chips that were not available when the machine was introduced or were too expensive for a commercial price point.

I prefer the work flow that the session controller provides with RADAR so we have the equivalent but he spent 2500 and I spent 14,000.

Go deeper Grasshopper,

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #554
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
My bar is not set low. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to wager a fair sum that it's in the upper 1% of our industry. That can't conceivably be construed as "low" by anyone.

I know what music sounds like in the soul before it is conceived.

I know what it sounds like as it grows inside the mind, coming into being, forming a unique and artistic statement.

I know what it sounds like when I pick up pencil and paper and write directly from my mind without any interaction from instruments or "gear" of any kind.

I know what it sounds like when it's birthed through my keyboards or guitars or voice.

I know what it sounds like when others touch it, embrace it and make it their own, bringing their unique touch, and making it yet more pure.

I know what it sounds like when a KICK ASS band rocks it, when an orchestra joins together as one and lifts it to the heavens, when an accapella voice gently serenades it. I'd be willing to guess that over half of the people here have never experienced all of those.

I know what it sounds like when I put up world class mics (not 57's and 58's) thru world class signal chains (like @ capitol or at my own studio) and the music is still breathing human breath before ANY archiving medium.

And then,,,,,,

Then I know what it sounds like going to tape and hitting playback, and what it sounds like going thru Pro Tools and pressing a space bar. NEITHER plays back what it sounds like "live" thru the microphones. BOTH have their weaknesses and their strengths. And microphones themselves fall short of capturing the "reality" of music.

I am intimately familiar with ALL these ways to hear music because I create, record and produce music daily in almost all of these venue's.

To say I set the bar low is an insult. You are at it again, can you not see how you belittle others. I'm am beginning to think you suffer from Aspergers.

I choose a mic, I choose a note, I choose a recording medium, I choose an EQ. I use art to decide which. It is my choice. I can and have used all short of wax cylinders to create music.

For you to impose your medium of archiving your art as superior to mine shows hubris, narcissism, and ego, and ultimately a complete lack of understanding of what I do.

Your loss. Before I continue in any more silliness, you can PM me your real name and credits so that I can see for myself if you have any credibility or if you're just an old bitter man, loosing touch with the world surrounding him. Otherwise, like Kenny, I'm out.
Doc,

Haha you are spot on.

Yes, I have been told that I have Aspergers and applied my scientific approach to finding out what it was and that is a very big reason why I always set out to see if accepted wisdom and conditioning is wrong and it is.

Asperger was an Austrian psychiatrist who as a result of eugenics experiments
(these were done by the Nzai's to justify scientifically the extermination of the non Aryan ethnicities) came up with this idea.

You may not be aware of this, but a much larger percentage of people of jewish heritage seem to have this.

2 and 2 = 4

I don't mind sharing a characteristic with Einstein and Ben Franklin, Sydney Pollack, film director - also scientists who did not accept wisdom without research.

I guess the following is true:

The food most consumed in the US is the healthiest.

The best bands are the one's pushed by the major labels.

The US is trying to help the Afghan people.

Despite the fact that a US Congressman takes millions from
lobbyists he has your best interests at heart.

I would add, Aspergers is made up nonsense.

What it is, is an unusual ability to focus on a single subject.

Just a trait like height, like saying Kareem Abdul Jabaar
has a syndrome, he is just taller than everyone else.

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #555
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
For you to impose your medium of archiving your art as superior to mine shows hubris, narcissism, and ego, and ultimately a complete lack of understanding of what I do.

Your loss. Before I continue in any more silliness, you can PM me your real name and credits so that I can see for myself if you have any credibility or if you're just an old bitter man, loosing touch with the world surrounding him. Otherwise, like Kenny, I'm out.

Bill,

Wow, Bill, didn't impose anything on anyone, just saying I find this to be true for me.

I have an opinion that is different from the accepted wisdom and have stated it.

A bit surprised at the howl, but human nature is constant in all fields.

You are about the 10th person who told me I must be an unhappy old man, etc.

A guy on my other post told me he thought my studio was "going under" and I was desperate.

We will see.

G
Old 20th January 2013
  #556
Moderator
 
psycho_monkey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Bill,

Wow, Bill, didn't impose anything on anyone, just saying I find this to be true for me.
No, you said anything recorded digitally is "cartoon". No " I prefer analogue", but an absolute statement.

The Aspergers divulgement, once you ignore the rant, does explain a lot.
5
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #557
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️

Your loss. Before I continue in any more silliness, you can PM me your real name and credits so that I can see for myself if you have any credibility or if you're just an old bitter man, loosing touch with the world surrounding him. Otherwise, like Kenny, I'm out.
Bill,

I was kind of like the Kevin Costner character in the 70s in LA, kind of like in and out of the show, but will send along info via PM.

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #558
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
You seem to miss the fact that it's the PRODUCER who drives the creative vision. I can and do use PT all the time without edits, trickery or tweaking to make musicians "sound better". If your view of PT is one of audio trickery, you are point your accusatory finger in the wrong direction. Try pointing @ the producer or engineer.
Bill,

Can you tell me why you take everything I say personally.

I am not questioning anyone's ability, just have a theory.

This is a gear site, talking gear not creative, what you said is elemental
of course and true, but has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #559
Gear Guru
 
kennybro's Avatar
 
3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
My bar is not set low. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to wager a fair sum that it's in the upper 1% of our industry. That can't conceivably be construed as "low" by anyone.

I know what music sounds like in the soul before it is conceived.

I know what it sounds like as it grows inside the mind, coming into being, forming a unique and artistic statement.

I know what it sounds like when I pick up pencil and paper and write directly from my mind without any interaction from instruments or "gear" of any kind.

I know what it sounds like when it's birthed through my keyboards or guitars or voice.

I know what it sounds like when others touch it, embrace it and make it their own, bringing their unique touch, and making it yet more pure.

I know what it sounds like when a KICK ASS band rocks it, when an orchestra joins together as one and lifts it to the heavens, when an accapella voice gently serenades it. I'd be willing to guess that over half of the people here have never experienced all of those.

I know what it sounds like when I put up world class mics (not 57's and 58's) thru world class signal chains (like @ capitol or at my own studio) and the music is still breathing human breath before ANY archiving medium.

And then,,,,,,

Then I know what it sounds like going to tape and hitting playback, and what it sounds like going thru Pro Tools and pressing a space bar. NEITHER plays back what it sounds like "live" thru the microphones. BOTH have their weaknesses and their strengths. And microphones themselves fall short of capturing the "reality" of music.

I am intimately familiar with ALL these ways to hear music because I create, record and produce music daily in almost all of these venue's.

To say I set the bar low is an insult. You are at it again, can you not see how you belittle others. I'm am beginning to think you suffer from Aspergers.

I choose a mic, I choose a note, I choose a recording medium, I choose an EQ. I use art to decide which. It is my choice. I can and have used all short of wax cylinders to create music.

For you to impose your medium of archiving your art as superior to mine shows hubris, narcissism, and ego, and ultimately a complete lack of understanding of what I do.

Your loss. Before I continue in any more silliness, you can PM me your real name and credits so that I can see for myself if you have any credibility or if you're just an old bitter man, loosing touch with the world surrounding him. Otherwise, like Kenny, I'm out.
No wax? Man, you gotta expand your horizons!
Just kidding

Very nice response! Well put.
1
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #560
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill ➡️
Yeah, and according to G, RADAR is analog because it sounds as good as tape, but has a better work flow. I dunno, I didn't get wrapped up in that debacle. You'll have to go back and find that part of the debate....
To all,

Y'all are like religious fanatics, so attached to dogma you aren't even listening to the infidel.

Once again, for the 20th or so time, my studio is...

as analogue as you an hear...

I have stated many times that RADAR is digital that is what the D stands for.

Kindly stop putting words in my mouth.

I never said RADAR, Random Access Digital Recorder is Analogue, then it would be RAAAR.

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #561
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
There's no way I can be bothered to trawl through 10 pages of your posts! point me to a specific post or re-upload, then I'll listen.

PS are you going to withdraw your "fascist" allegations? I notice how you conveniently only reply to the points that you can argue against, ignoring all others. Please reply, with quotes from where I've said anything remotely fascist, or withdraw your allegations.

Particularly keen to see where I threatened to lock the thread. You said explicitly that I did, so please show me where, or withdraw it.
Psycho,

Relax, it is just a GS forum, love the banter, but I do get concerned when people get this worked up.

I think that digital music is crap, fractional sound that is the equivalent of fast food or animated movies.

You and the rest of the dogma of the digital world disagree.

I found someone who is helping me prove the point named Jim Williams so I came here to see what y'all were saying about him.

By the way, I have no idea what Jim Williams thinks of the digital vs analogue thing not talking for him, so let's not go there.

Why does that upset y'all so much?

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #562
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
There's no way I can be bothered to trawl through 10 pages of your posts! point me to a specific post or re-upload, then I'll listen.

PS are you going to withdraw your "fascist" allegations? I notice how you conveniently only reply to the points that you can argue against, ignoring all others. Please reply, with quotes from where I've said anything remotely fascist, or withdraw your allegations.
Psycho,

No I don't need to respond to all, you are serving a useful purpose and I thank you for that, but can't keep up with all.

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #563
Moderator
 
psycho_monkey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Bill,

Can you tell me why you take everything I say personally.

I am not questioning anyone's ability, just have a theory.

This is a gear site, talking gear not creative, what you said is elemental
of course and true, but has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

G
...and now the backtracking begins.

"Your great stuff from your Pro Tools rig is still a cartoon of
music to me, an opinion, so if you were using that great
stuff for good instead of evil, would be fine."

That'll do for now.

Incidentally, flicking back through the posts...would anyone like to run a book on how many there are where GNWT replies to someone, and then immediately gets the response "no...I didn't say that...I said this"? I lost count after the first 15 or so....it's quite comical just how much he doesn't understand/wilfully misquotes.
6
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #564
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
No, you said anything recorded digitally is "cartoon". No " I prefer analogue", but an absolute statement.

The Aspergers divulgement, once you ignore the rant, does explain a lot.
Psycho,

Your obsession with 10 individually quoted responses for 5 days is much more an Aspergers tell then anything I have done.

So, you want to discuss pharmacology and the paradigm of western medicine and why it is as off base as digital music?

Because I also went to acupuncture school for 3 years to study that.

My sound ideas are informed by research and I don't spout off about **** I know nothing about.

When I know nothing about something, I find people that do, like finding Jim when I decided to do the studio.


G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #565
Moderator
 
psycho_monkey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Psycho,

Relax, it is just a GS forum, love the banter, but I do get concerned when people get this worked up.

I think that digital music is crap, fractional sound that is the equivalent of fast food or animated movies.

You and the rest of the dogma of the digital world disagree.

I found someone who is helping me prove the point named Jim Williams so I came here to see what y'all were saying about him.

By the way, I have no idea what Jim Williams thinks of the digital vs analogue thing not talking for him, so let's not go there.

Why does that upset y'all so much?

G
Because you regularly insult people, then reply to them telling them how could the possibly think something...that they never said.

That's what riles people.

No-one cares on your views as such. I personally care about being called a fascist for no reason (not going to retract that? still? or can you back it up? as long as you're on this board, I'm not going to forget that). I don't care you don't like digital. I do care (kinda) when you lecture me on thinking something I don't think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Psycho,

No I don't need to respond to all, you are serving a useful purpose and I thank you for that, but can't keep up with all.

G
I found it when you listed it....as I said on that thread, really wasn't really worth it! post back when you've done something more substantial...

Give a man enough rope huh?!
2
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #566
Moderator
 
psycho_monkey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Psycho,

Your obsession with 10 individually quoted responses for 5 days is much more an Aspergers tell then anything I have done.
I'm sorry - why am I obsessed? I'm sitting here waiting for the football to start...it's not like I hang here waiting for your next comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
So, you want to discuss pharmacology and the paradigm of western medicine and why it is as off base as digital music?
No. Why did you think I did? Not surprised you have views on that too though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Because I also went to acupuncture school for 3 years to study that.
Give the man a cigar. Or at least a nice cup of herbal tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
My sound ideas are informed by research and I don't spout off about **** I know nothing about.
My word, the irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
When I know nothing about something, I find people that do, like finding Jim when I decided to do the studio.
And no one could argue with the thinking behind that.
2
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #567
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
...and now the backtracking begins.

"Your great stuff from your Pro Tools rig is still a cartoon of
music to me, an opinion, so if you were using that great
stuff for good instead of evil, would be fine."

That'll do for now.

Incidentally, flicking back through the posts...would anyone like to run a book on how many there are where GNWT replies to someone, and then immediately gets the response "no...I didn't say that...I said this"? I lost count after the first 15 or so....it's quite comical just how much he doesn't understand/wilfully misquotes.
Psycho,

So shallow, so shallow, you do know there are people who are reading this and not commenting right?

You and Bill are talking about making music.

What I am talking about is what you make music with, an inadequate tool.

I have been in studios with pros since I was 10 who were making the music your parents bought, sold 10 million albums I produced and or engineered back in the day - so I have a reasonable resume to discuss the issue

I have an opinion about a new tool that is different from yours.

Why does that upset you?

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #568
Gear Addict
 
1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
No-one cares on your views as such.!
Hmm, they don't?

Then why are y'all reading and getting all riled up.

I insulted digital music and gave reasons why.

G
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #569
Gear Guru
 
Kenny Gioia's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️

I have been in studios with pros since I was 10 who were making the music your parents bought, sold 10 million albums I produced and or engineered back in the day - so I have a reasonable resume to discuss the issue

G
Name one artist that you produced that sold even one million records?

You can even PM it to me with your name and I will confirm and back you up.
3
Share
Old 20th January 2013 | Show parent
  #570
Moderator
 
psycho_monkey's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Psycho,

So shallow, so shallow, you do know there are people who are reading this and not commenting right?
No, never thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
You and Bill are talking about making music.

What I am talking about is what you make music with, an inadequate tool.
Is it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
I have been in studios with pros since I was 10 who were making the music your parents bought, sold 10 million albums I produced and or engineered back in the day - so I have a reasonable resume to discuss the issue
That's nice. How about the last 20 years? "since I was 10" suggests you've been doing it continuously. Daddy's achievements don't really count do they? Discography maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
I have an opinion about a new tool that is different from yours.
Of course not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNWT ➡️
Why does that upset you?

G
Calling me a fascist without reason?

Calling other people's productions (not music) "cartoon sounding" - without having heard them? And then complaining that people are prejudging you?

Not backing up anything you say?

None of that UPSETS me...most of it mildly amuses me (not sure if you realise how you come across). The fascist comment I find offensive, and the fact that you haven't yet apologised gives me a low opinion of you. But I wouldn't say it upsets me. It is quite sad, you're obviously old enough to know better!
5
Share
Closed
Topic:

Forum Jump
Forum Jump