Quantcast
only old version of reason available to schools - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
only old version of reason available to schools
Old 20th September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
only old version of reason available to schools

Propellerheads only makes an old version (6) available to schools. In what crazy world does a software company sell OLD software to a school shelling out for lab packs? Call me crazy, but I'd think they'd A: Want to reward good paying customers B: let students learn the latest greatest.
Old 21st September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygold ➡️
Propellerheads only makes an old version (6) available to schools. In what crazy world does a software company sell OLD software to a school shelling out for lab packs? Call me crazy, but I'd think they'd A: Want to reward good paying customers B: let students learn the latest greatest.
Um is Reason 7 out or something?
Old 22nd September 2012
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Jus give them triangles, wood blocks and tambos and teach them something about music for christ sake....now get off my lawn
Old 22nd September 2012 | Show parent
Deleted 882cf4d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob131313 ➡️
Um is Reason 7 out or something?
No, he's talking about the 6.5 patch that adds the new "racks" feature to the program.

For some reason they (propellerhead) have made it so that multi license support does not function with the latest patch.

Supposedly they will resolve the issue. Time will tell.

To the OP: It is common for software distribution to lag at schools. Most schools are still running CS 5.5 for instance. Usually the companies focus on their core market at launch then come back and give the schools a refresh.

I can tell you there is no way I'll be implementing a switch to the single license version of Reason. The students can wait it out.
Old 17th November 2012
Deleted 882cf4d
For those that could care less I thought I'd mention that propellerhead still hasn't created an upgrade path for their academic partners... Lame I guess they are waiting till reason7 rather than fixing the issue.

In the classroom setting this prevents teachers from opening a student's project if the student uses the latest version of reason at home.

Personally this is part of why I prefer NI. That and the fact that I don't want "record," I don't like dealing with rewire and studio drummer/massive/all of komplete are great.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…