Event 2030 problems - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Event 2030 problems
Old 2nd June 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodicmusic ➡️
Are you talking about the distance they are from each other as in width or as in length from ear being 4 plus feet?
Your ideal monitor set up should be that of an equilateral triangle. If they're 4 feet apart, then they should be 4 feet from your listening position
Old 2nd June 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuntley ➡️
Your ideal monitor set up should be that of an equilateral triangle. If they're 4 feet apart, then they should be 4 feet from your listening position
Thanks!
Old 2nd June 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
well....that puts a damper on my excitement for these. I was so ready. Second thoughts now. May just grab a sub for my D5's and call it
Old 10th August 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Problems going on

Hi there, same and similar problem here. Right speaker seems cracking randomly and I'll have to call the seller to have it replaced.
By randomly I mean: it starts all right, then get worse. Or it just starts badly and doesn't improve. Sometimes it doesn't get worse. A nightmare!

Do you guys know what may be the problem?
Old 9th October 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Well, I just received my Event 2030 back from repair of what i thought was a faulty tweeter and/or mid (distortion/buzzing sound); according to the certificate of service, both were replaced. Unfortunately, the problem is still there. Like the op said, the amplifiers are most likely the problem. Event support has been great, but i dont think they bothered to even test my speaker to identify the actual problem. This sucks. I guess its back to my old Rokits again.............
Old 9th October 2014
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
After my experience with 2030's I won't buy Event monitors again! Never ever!
Old 9th October 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by klapaucius ➡️
After my experience with 2030's I won't buy Event monitors again! Never ever!
I hate to say it because I had event 2020 BAS v1s for years
But.......

What he said ^
Old 13th April 2015 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hey guys,

I've been struggling with this exact same issue as well, but with my Event 2020s.

This is my second faulty pair (the first had the exact same problem and needed to be sent back). With one monitor in both sets, the volume/presence issue occurred after about a month of use. I think it is clearly an amp issue (possibly a faulty overheating sensor?) and has nothing to do with the tweeter. The volume drops by about 50% and sounds very muddy after about 20-30 minutes of use.

When they work, they sound fantastic, and the build quality on the outside doesn't seem too shabby either...

Anyone got any bright ideas? Really don't want to get a third pair!
Old 9th March 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHorseDemon ➡️
I think they sound great when working properly, which for me seems to be a couple weeks before issues arise...

You really have to let them breath, don't stick them in a corner and give them 4+ feet to develop a proper stereo image.
I agree, I have that comb and paper thing going on when you play say isolated piano.. I've changed out the woofers both sides to no avail so it's got to be an amp issue.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…