Quantcast
Mislead on eBay - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mislead on eBay
Old 11th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Mislead on eBay

Seller describes a mic that he's owned for five years and paid close to $600 new. I get it and it's almost ten years old, has a hard to find 7pin cable that's on the verge of ripping apart. And the serial number is rubbed off. Fortunate it states it on the case and manual.

I wrote back and explained the price I paid was not worth the age and I would not have bought it knowing that. Also, calling him out on a misleading description. He writes back and explains he got it second hand. NO WHERE in the description he mentions that. He offered $25 for a the cable but I want to ship it back with a refund. Another $100 i could have gotten a New one with a ten year warranty. If I can't come to an agreement today with him, I'm going to file a case with ebays buyer protection. Anyone have any experience??
Old 12th September 2012
Gear Guru

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Join the real world of Ebay.

A lot of people selling junk to people who really think they are getting a $1000 microphone for $50.

I think in the old days this was called flim flam or 3 card Monte. Now it is modernized and available off the WWW. It is called Ebay.
Old 12th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Filed a claim. This is actually the only bad experience I've had on eBay in 9 years.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…