DVI to ADC adapter price : ( - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DVI to ADC adapter price : (
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
DVI to ADC adapter price : (

Gosh!!

I purchased an Apple Studio Display 17" a couple of weeks ago to use with my Dual Core G5 and I found out that I needed this bloody adapter(DVI to ADC). Not only it is clunky, the worst thing about this machine is the price!!! 100 Euros!!! The price of a 15'' TFT!! I bought it because the only other option was to sell my display for less, but needless to say I'm very unhappy about the price. It is a period where I have invested a lot more than my initial budget in studio gear so, discovering about extra expenses like this on the last minute really stresses me.
Old 27th May 2006
SK1
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Man ... everytime I see those apple vs pc commercials I'm LMAO !!

The apple dude should be a thug robbing pros / or addicts of their money !!!

Same thing happened to me ....... now it's the pci x to pci e thing .......

What a bunch of BS

You know they have a building full of people deciding just the right amount of technology to release .......... so we'll have to upgrade in a year or two

great racket they have going .....

Old 27th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I feel for you.

I really want to move from my G5 to my Macbook Pro full time - but my main monitor is ADC and don't want to spend the cash.

Worse you should price DVI to ADC switch boxes. Might as well give up music because it costs THAT MUCH to get this little box.

I love my monitor so much though. But I am opposite I hate the fact that Apple gave in to PC users and dropped the ADC connection. I love the power usb and signal all in one cable! That's why that little convertor is costing money, it's acting as the power supply I think since the monitor doesn't have one.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…