Quantcast
Diva Engineers - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Diva Engineers
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Diva Engineers

whats up with all that Diva attitude coming from engineers ? clients suck, they cant play, they cant sing, where have all the good musicians go ? etc.. I see it here all the time and it´s starting to piss me off. I think for every 10 bad musicians theres 100 bad engineers, so whats up ??

I´m a musician and I may suck to, but whatever.. i´m not blaming engineers on my suckyness, I miss a girl alot and been thinking about her today, so yeah that pisses me off to.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Bank tellers bitch about stupid bank clients who fill out forms incorrectly, pediatricians roll their eyes over deathly-worrisome mothers (trust me, I grew up with one), car mechanics laugh at how poorly people take care of their cars.... etc. etc. It's inner-trade bitching and it's ubiquitous and it ain't goin' away, not here, not anywhere!

somewhere on the net, there's a group of studio musicians bitching about how engineers just aren't as good as they used to be. And they're right, too.
Old 25th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This thread sucks. I wish we could get some better people to post around here. heh
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Jose

I think that we get this Diva attitude here so that the engineers can be nice to their clients back in the real world, here they can let some steam out.

Or is this the real world ? And back in the fake one they are nice...
Oh, I´m spending too much time online.

But I usually find the moaning amusing. And one can often relate to those stories.

Kalli
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mrochek
I think for every 10 bad musicians theres 100 bad engineers, so whats up ??
I think I must agree with you on this one...heh heh

May I borrow this one for my sig line?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris
I think I must agree with you on this one...heh heh

May I borrow this one for my sig line?

Sure, edit the ¨I think¨ part out to make it more dramatic : )
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedohr
But I usually find the moaning amusing. And one can often relate to those stories.

Kalli
One of my best friends owns a studio and moans all the time. He happens to be pretty good at what he does, and I enjoy talking crap about other musicians to. I´m sure they talk bad about me also, everyone likes to moan. But in this forum by what people say, it would appear everyone here is a 50 year experienced audio guru. I always wonder how many here actually know a thing or two about recording good records.

If you jump into the mp3 section, it´s quiet rare to find high end top of the line recordings and productions. Yet on other sections everyone seems to think they are all the next or present Bob Clearmountains. I think people need to calm down their ego´s. And it´s a law of life, the big talkers are usually the ones that have least to offer. A good example are the guys from Mercenary, now theres this Drew guy who has a bigger mouth than Flether. I don´t know of any records he has done, but he talks louder than all of the guest moderators combined.

The fact taht guest moderators or fulltime moderators like Michael Wagner, never say a bad thing about clients or musicians says alot to me. It says that they have accomplished enough that they don´t need to put other people down.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mrochek
One of my best friends owns a studio and moans all the time. He happens to be pretty good at what he does, and I enjoy talking crap about other musicians to. I´m sure they talk bad about me also, everyone likes to moan. But in this forum by what people say, it would appear everyone here is a 50 year experienced audio guru. I always wonder how many here actually know a thing or two about recording good records.

If you jump into the mp3 section, it´s quiet rare to find high end top of the line recordings and productions. Yet on other sections everyone seems to think they are all the next or present Bob Clearmountains. I think people need to calm down their ego´s. And it´s a law of life, the big talkers are usually the ones that have least to offer. A good example are the guys from Mercenary, now theres this Drew guy who has a bigger mouth than Flether. I don´t know of any records he has done, but he talks louder than all of the guest moderators combined.

The fact taht guest moderators or fulltime moderators like Michael Wagner, never say a bad thing about clients or musicians says alot to me. It says that they have accomplished enough that they don´t need to put other people down.
You´re right! After I posted my reply I went to the stupitest thing you´ve heard in the studio thread and realized what you were talking about.

I have also noted that the mp3 section isn´t filled with masterpieces. And every once in a while I check the credits of a big-talker, they usually have less than impressive credits.

So you´re right

Kalli
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…