50 Cent Named Songwriter of the Year - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
50 Cent Named Songwriter of the Year
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
50 Cent Named Songwriter of the Year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5007390.stm

I think that pretty much speaks for itself. And no, I am not an old engineering geezer that hates Hip Hop. There are just way more deserving people (even in the Hip Hop arena, ie. Pharell)
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
good for him 50cent is the only hip hopper I like. I didnΒ΄t know he wrote though.
Old 23rd May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hmm, seems to me that "songwriter of the year" should go to the person who wrote the "song of the year" when that "song of the year" isn't even close to being the best song on the album? Then again, when have award shows ever made sense?

I didn't know 50 Cent wrote either? Does he produce all his own beats? I wouldn't think you could get "songwriter of the year" just for writing lyrics. Especially lyrics that suck.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
yea who does like 50 cent? must be alot of people because he's banking money and living his ghetto fab dream...

isn't that what we are all striving for? ahh! but the power of opinion...
i can't say anyone really sucks if they are on top of the industry..dfegad (ing) on us down here..in the moan zone!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Maybe they should just make a new award called "Songwriter Who Got Shot 9 Lives And Lived To Rap About It" award for him and be done with it.

The way I see it, he survived not because he was tough, it was cause whoever was shooting at him must have been blind as a bat.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
man it would suck to get shot 1 time...but 9!!!

its because all these movies show gangsters holding a handgun sideways busting off a few rounds...haha and it was prolly the dudes first time shooting a gun..

but then i remember seeing something about him taking one in the face? damnnn
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I'm certainly not a 50 cent fan....never really have been.... The only justification I can see in him getting such an award is being the lyric writer for NUMEROUS hits in the past year...then again, I don't know how the awards are tallied.... All I know is everytime I'm driving to work skipping through the Top 40 / Pop / Urban stations you can't escape his voice...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmostynx
but then i remember seeing something about him taking one in the face? damnnn
Thats okay, it wouldn't hit anything vital.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
i thought he wrote raps? now he's writing songs? before you know it he'll be a guest reporter on access hollywood.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudnoc
I'm certainly not a 50 cent fan....never really have been.... The only justification I can see in him getting such an award is being the lyric writer for NUMEROUS hits in the past year...then again, I don't know how the awards are tallied.... All I know is everytime I'm driving to work skipping through the Top 40 / Pop / Urban stations you can't escape his voice...

Oh yeah that boring mono-tone voice, can't escape that. I think they use his stuff as a torture device in China. I don't mind his beats but man his voice is boring as ****. At least someone like Snoop or the late ODB had presence to their songs not just flashy, top 40, club beats.
no ssl yet
I think he deserves it.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I hate his lyrics (some anyway) , but I can't deny he is a very intelligent business-man who is actually a very decent guy despite his media image.

Good for him to get his 15 minutes + fame and fortune... thumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
As far as his voice goes, he ain't Jay Z or Chuck D, that's for sure.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley-OIART
I hate his lyrics (some anyway) , but I can't deny he is a very intelligent business-man who is actually a very decent guy despite his media image.

Good for him to get his 15 minutes + fame and fortune... thumbsup

Oh yeah I agree with you there, seems like a real stand up guy.
Old 24th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I thought to win Best Songwriter of the Year you had to WRITE YOUR OWN SONGS.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by (DC)
I thought to win Best Songwriter of the Year you had to WRITE YOUR OWN SONGS.
Well, uh....the lyrics that I'v heard him recite aren't THAT mind bending.... Why would you think he's not writing his own material.. And why do I sound like I'm defending 50 cent (lol).... He's just an average rapper to me....
MDM
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
It 's ridiculous !

This guy reminds me of poop

everytime I see this cheezy face on the TV i get this 'smell-hallucination' of ****

Amazing that he gets away with it - amazing that people like this kind of crap!

goshdfegad dfegad dfegad
Old 25th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Obviously the guy has a horseshoe rammed straight up his ass.

Anyone who can get shot 9 times and not die, write mediocre lyrics and be named songwriter of the year has got to be eatin' his lucky charms.
Old 25th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
Obviously the guy has a horseshoe rammed straight up his ass.

Anyone who can get shot 9 times and not die, write mediocre lyrics and be named songwriter of the year has got to be eatin' his lucky charms.
LMAo
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…