Quantcast
SCSI hard drive ID cables? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SCSI hard drive ID cables?
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
SCSI hard drive ID cables?

OK, I admit to being an analog guy who got in over his head with his first digital recorder purchase. I'm trying to install the two SCSI hard drives and I'm stuck. They are Seagate Cheetah 15k.3, 68 pin hard drives and they are going to be mounted into Kingston DE100i-sw/b carrier/frames. Installing the frames into the recorder was easy. But installing the hard drives into their trays was not so easy. The power and audio I/O cables were obvious and easy. And if I could just mount the drives into the trays now, I could do it. But both Seagate and Kingston provide conflicting parts and directions regarding the SCSI ID select jumpers/wires. Where can I find a website that explains this in simple language for those of us who grew up before computers? Thanks.

steve
[email protected]
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
This should be fairly easy, usually there is a chart on top of the drive showing what jumper corresponds to which ID location, just check the chart and jumper accordingly. If it is not printed on the drive, check the instructions or get on the mfr's website for the chart.

As you may know, all you really have to do is make sure they are not set to the same i.d.. This may be as easy as removing the i.d. jumper from one drive (usually no jumpers means id=0), assuming there are no other drives on the scsi chain.
Old 11th June 2003
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Try this .pdf.

Just check the model number and see if it matches the ones listed at the top. If not search for the model number you have on seagate's site. My guess is the scsi id block will be the same either way.

http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/...100148125b.pdf
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
What they said.

What recorder is this? Tascam or RADAR?
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
What recorder is this? Tascam or RADAR?

neither, the Genex GX9000 DSD / PCM recorder

and I already have the Seagate directions, but they appear to conflict with the Storcase directions and both refer to the "computer's" directions and I don't have a manual for the recorder yet.

steve
[email protected]
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…