Quantcast
the matirx is rubbish - off all topics - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
the matirx is rubbish - off all topics
Old 7th March 2016
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Funny thread bump, I actually just re-watched the trilogy a few weeks ago. Still liked it as much as I did back in the day. I expected the effects to look dated, but only a few of them (fight scenes in Reloaded) really did.

To say the first one "changed my life" is an absolute truth. I started to view the world in a different way after watching that film. I appreciate it might not have had the same effect on everyone, or even anyone for that matter. I also got back into martial arts after seeing it, which changed my body and spirit on its own, but the catalyst was certainly the original film.

I enjoyed the sequels as well, especially Reloaded. Of course not as impactful as the original, they still provide a nice button to the story. I also enjoyed all of the side-stories, like the Animatrix and the video game as well. I thought that was really neat how they tied the video game in so that you get to play a part that's not completely explained in the film.

Overall a great franchise, and I haven't seen anything since that has quite that level of detail & immersion. If anything it's kinda like a blueprint for how a popular yet cool film franchise can run itself for a few years.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…