Quantcast
Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show & Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show & Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
Old 26th November 2009
Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show & Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs

this section makes me angry sometimes honestly

everyone posts their songs and after 20 minutes of no replies they bump the thread saying something like 'OMG ___ VIEWS AND NO REPLIES?!'

i see this very often and what bothers me is that everyone goes on there to get advice but never bother giving advice or commenting on the other threads

im always trying to be helpful and listen to mixes whenever i can but in return i get nothing

and sometimes people even get mad at me because they don't like my advice! i always try being constructive with my criticism but i guess that's not enough

i've lost all hope
Old 26th November 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey man I lurk around there sometimes and always appreciate your contributions and your attitude, honestly. Keep up the good work mate
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I will check for something over there.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I did a thread about this a couple of months ago as I was frustrated with it at the time.

I think the basic problem is that people who already know how to do good mixes don't post anything there, and those that do post need help in so many areas that prospective commenters don't know where to start, so they leave well alone.

Thread titles are often not clear too - It would be helpful if the title contained the genre in every case so that we could all scan the page for genres that fall within our area of expertise.

Other than that, I dunno.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcroisdale ➑️
I did a thread about this a couple of months ago as I was frustrated with it at the time.

I think the basic problem is that people who already know how to do good mixes don't post anything there, and those that do post need help in so many areas that prospective commenters don't know where to start, so they leave well alone.

Thread titles are often not clear too - It would be helpful if the title contained the genre in every case so that we could all scan the page for genres that fall within our area of expertise.

Other than that, I dunno.

Jim
yeah a lot of people do need a lot of help but idk i like listening and giving out my opinion on things and tips

im not a pro or anything but i guess i do know enough to give out some constructive criticism

what really bothers me is that everyone wants an opinion but they don't give theirs
Old 30th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener ➑️
Most people live in a bubble where they are the centre of the universe. They know naught except the expression of mothers milk and the affection of those who do not stir pots.
What I'm saying is, most people take. Some people give. Cheers for giving.
+1

Also, here's a pledge: I will visit the WIP forums five times next week. I will offer at least one feedback before next Friday. I will recruit the "More Free Stuff.." gang so they can offer advice (and emoticons) in the WIP forums.

I can imagine that a lot of people are uncomfortable offering criticism in the WIP section, to avoid pissing people off unnecessarily. I will try to overcome my own reluctance.

Cheers,
++a
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…