Quantcast
How Not To Sell Boutique Amps (and the amp company merchandise) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How Not To Sell Boutique Amps (and the amp company merchandise)
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
How Not To Sell Boutique Amps (and the amp company merchandise)

Hey all,

not sure how many this applies but I'm sure more than a few of you are guitarists who have a sweet tooth for boutique amplifiers...

I'm sure some of you, even if you aren't guitar players will be familiar with Diezel amplification. It's really among some of the best you can get as far as modern guitar amplifiers go (I'm sure James Lugo will attest to that as well seeing as he owns one from them), and they've been built by a couple of guys in Germany for a while now.

Over the last two years or so there were some issues which caused their distributor for the US, Salwender International, to close up shop (Salwender was also distro for Vigier Guitars, Human Bass, Lehle, and Glockenklang bass amps). In the lull period people weren't sure what was going to happen, and then another distributor was chosen, a single person from Georgia (although he might have moved again). Either way to say the least, aside from the global $500-600 price increase on all Diezel products in the US, and the utterly unprofessional customer service stories, things are getting a bit dicey.

Yesterday I believe, the Diezel USA website was finally updated with the long-awaited company merchandise (shirts and hats). Well, I'm sure a few of you would probably take issue with wearing a normal t-shirt with a company's name on it for $45...here's how it's been going down so far and you'll see just how 'top notch' this new distro guy is:

Rig-Talk • View topic - Diezel Merchandise

Diezel Merchandise Now Available - Harmony Central Musician Community Forums

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/vi...er=asc&start=0

there's also one from TheGearPage too but it's not loading too well right now.

enjoy!
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow...

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...61109987&pli=1

Pass the popcorn.
Old 23rd November 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop ➑️
yea it's really sad...

I've known the Diezel guys (Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer) since 2001, and I've wanted an amp from them ever since they sat my tubby little 15 year old ass down in front of one at the 2001 NAMM show. Honestly I have no idea where this is heading, and I'm very fearful that their presence in the USA is serious jeopardy and in addition to that I have to wonder if they knew any of this stuff about him beforehand.

I also again wonder, how much of the money on those amps are they actually getting back to Germany?
Lives for gear

i live right next to this little guitar store called extreme guitars and they got diezel amps thumbsup
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by alehoe ➑️
i live right next to this little guitar store called extreme guitars and they got diezel amps thumbsup

just looked at their website...really well stocked store, all that badass non-vintage stuff I like too (we have way too much of that yesteryear Class A/Gibson/Fender nutsack worship in NYC).

They're one of the few left on the 'official' USA dealer list for Diezel, which means they had to unfortunately submit to the hilariously nonsensical dealer requirements set by the clown (which from I'm understanding involved them being mandated to sell at list prices and a bunch of other ludicrous things). They lost their two biggest dealers in the USA because of this guy. So far a few more are following suit.
Lives for gear

yeah, a nice selection indeed

he wont let me touch em though!
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
That sucks if Diezel USA has a bone head representing them. If this guy is dodgy, hopefully they will get rid of him quick smart.

Nothing but first class support from Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer.

But everyone who owns a Diezel knows that.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by diezel_addict ➑️
That sucks if Diezel USA has a bone head representing them. If this guy is dodgy, hopefully they will get rid of him quick smart.

Nothing but first class support from Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer.

But everyone who owns a Diezel knows that.
Oh I totally am with you, those two are absolute masters of their craft and are among the most supportive amp builders on any continent. But sadly, and I know this from a few people (both dealer friends and players) that support from the USA guy here, has been pretty horrendous to say the least.
Lives for gear

lmao the harmony central thread is filled with bundles of win and lulz
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…