The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UAD-1 / Tc Powercore gripes
Old 10th May 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
UAD-1 / Tc Powercore gripes

UAD-1
--------
The UAD does not have Sony's Oxford plug-ins available. But...it DOES have Cambridge EQ along with 1176 and LA-2A compression. 192khz as well. Ok. Great. But what it REALLY doesn't have...

Support for OS X. And this currently has no announced release date - just an "in the future" blurb.

TC PowerCore Firewire
-----------------------------
Cooler than PCI - rackmount and more powerful than original TCPC. Sony Oxford plug-ins! Woohoo!

[email protected]#$)%(*[email protected]#;lkdsfj.

Bleh. If I'm recording at 192khz I can't be expected to use 96khz plugins. Damn this solutionless problem...and just when I finally got around to wanting a mac with OS X.
Old 10th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Well, record in 96k then ...

there is an issue with 192k chips (btw, they are the same in every card, MOTU, PT, Benchmark etc ...)

According to our good friend Atticus from Benchmark, it doesn't work properly in 192k by all means ...

Strange uh ...

I'm sure you could ask him to explain why, I'm trying to find the thread at PSW, very interesting ...

malice
Old 10th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
there I found it :

http://recpit.prosoundweb.com/viewto...rder=&start=15

well, amazing isn't it ...

malice
Old 10th May 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Yes I know, I've already delved into that thread very deeply =]

I'm just going to hear it for myself though, I think that's most important. I'm sure Atticus is fully right about the chips...I just wanna say I've made at least one recording at 192khz.

At some point I'll update the system in pursuit of true gearsluttyness - I mean, I hardly think the analog components on the MOTU are high-end. Maybe not bottom feeder, but certainly not high-end. Small details like this shouldn't concern me right now.

Of course to that end why would I bitch about something as small as not having the world class plugs of my choice vs world class plus not of my choice? Heh. Priority is funny. Well...that and the fact that a truly better system than the MOTU would cost 5-10k in converters and cards.

(and slowly he passed around the Official GearSlut Collection Plate)
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…