Quantcast
fixing brickwalled track? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
fixing brickwalled track?
Old 17th April 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
fixing brickwalled track?

I did a multitrack of Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey with George Garzone and Brad Barr sitting in. I pulled 15 tracks and was using two MOTU 896's. Somehow I forgot to switch 2 channels to mic from line. This was the Rhodes piano a main part of this trio. So sometimes it's fine but when he's hammering on it it does sound crunchy. The waveforms are flat on top and bottom. It was not clipping on the meters and you cannot monitor each track individually while tracking.

Does anyone know a trick to smoothing out the brickwalled crunch on this track? this might be used on a DVD (then again

I did have a pair of KM184's onstage and can build arounf this but obviously it's not preffered. I have not gotten to listen to the entire 2.5 hours but there seems to be a fair amound of material that is not distorted.

By the way. I'm running digital performer 3 and have no plug ins on this setup. Though I have access to a PC with wavelab and alot of Waves and TC stuff on it.
Old 18th April 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
You can replace it, not use it, or realize that it will sound like that, there is no way to undo it at this stage..

Sorry!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…