Quantcast
Steven Slate Drums Order Problems????? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Steven Slate Drums Order Problems?????
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Steven Slate Drums Order Problems?????

Has anyone else had a problem with their recent Steven Slate drums orders?

I placed my order for SSD on Monday Jan 19th and paid for Express Shipping.

On Tues Jan 20th I (and apparently a few other customers from the looks of the CC: field) received an email to let me know if I want to wait until Friday for my SSD Library to ship, I will receive the new 3.0 version. I replied back asking for the 2.0 library to ship asap, and that I would upgrade to 3.0 at a later date and pay for shipping (my understanding of the upgrade arrangement). I asked to be corrected if that was not the case.

On Jan 29th I receive an email from Alex that basically they discontinued 2.0 since 3.0 is new interface, etc, etc, etc...and that my order would arrive early next week....that was a week ago now.

On Feb 6th I emailed some of the other customers that were CC'd on the email that I received from Alex at Yellow Matter. 2 or 3 have replied, and 1 has stated that his order is being shipped on Feb 6th as he was an "earlier order".

I'm really kind of surprised this is happening. I know SSD has a good reputation around here, which made me very comfortable in purchasing the product from them rather than a retail store such as sweetwater.

Has anyone else had this experience lately? Maybe Bang or someone else can chime in here & let us all know what's going on? Is this really the "Express Shipping" that I paid for?

I'm really not trying to bash anyone....Honestly, I just want the product that I purchased to arrive on my doorstep so that I can get to work.
Old 10th February 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey there, you should have received an email discussing this issue. It might of ended up in your spam box.

This issue is this. We do all our disc manufacturing in house. We rely on the "hope" that all of our machinery is in good working order. We did many tests to make sure that all was good, and it was.

But then last week we found that one of the duplication machines was putting out bad discs, so we recalled all retail shipments and have stalled all upgrade and new orders until this Friday. We have new replication stampers installing in the new warehouse so this will not happen again.

We really care about our product and our customers and did not want to put out packages with bad discs.

So you WILL get your products this week. We are VERY sorry that this has happened, and that you didn't receive the email we sent.

The good news is that when you get it, we hope you'll be so stoked that you'll forget about this horrible wait. Once this issue is fixed, we ship out direct orders either the same day or next day.

There is a post about this in the SSD Forum as well..

So I agree that there deserved to be a MOAN about this, but I can assure you it is happening in the customers best interest and is being resolved.

Marty
Yellow Matter Entertainment/
Steven Slate Drums
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Thanks for replying, Marty.

Indeed, I did not see the email regarding this issue. None of the other customers that I emailed mentioned it either. Hopefully they noticed it after the fact and they aren't upset either.

I really appreciate the reply & I feel better about the entire situation. The LAST thing I would want is for a library's worth of bad discs to show up!!

I'm glad you guys found the problem and are taking the steps to fix the situation, including replying to my post.

If you could clarify one thing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Long ➡️

so we recalled all retail shipments and have stalled all upgrade and new orders until this Friday.

So you WILL get your products this week. We are VERY sorry that this has happened, and that you didn't receive the email we sent.
Does this mean that my order will ship this coming Friday, or is it possibly already on the way and I will receive this week? I can provide my order number if necessary....or if it helps I'm in Honolulu, HI.
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
your order will ship friday, saturday (we are all working the weekend), or monday. Every single order will be caught up by next tuesday. thumbsup

Marty
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…