Quantcast
WTF?!? UPS doesn't even knock anymore? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WTF?!? UPS doesn't even knock anymore?
Old 8th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
i watched a driver throw a package up a flight of stairs from the landing at the bottom. No ****. Spinning in the air and all. Turned around and got in the truck and left.

Makes me want to lay out some rusty roof tacks.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
At least It wasn't Fed-Ex...
Honest to God I had a Fed-Ex guy come up to my apartment one day, didn't knock, just opened my door and threw the package inside, and left. I was there at the time so I saw the whole thing but I was too shocked to react right away. Whoever his manager was sure got an earful about that!

-Mike
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Guess what I do for a living....NOOO....WAAAITAMINUT....DON'T GUESS...FORGET IT....I'M OUT THIS THREAD..... I was never here.......SHEEEESH...that was close!!!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
.....but.....I guess what I would say is.....if you are getting gear.......then request a signature. Us guys don't.....AAAAAHH...I mean...those stupid drivers don't know if it's electronic or what it is.....they don't care.....there just boxes. Most of those guys are pissed because there working another 11 hour day, and can't get home to there own guitars. Not that that is any excuse for them throwing your packages or being the ignorant bastards that they seem to be.

As far as leaving a $17,000 dollar check in a door........if it came up missing, UPS will only give you the value of the paper, not the check...soooo, that would have been a .50 cent claim.....the person that shipped you a $17,000 check WITHOUT REQUESTING A SIGNATURE IS ONE STUPID **** THOUGH....sorry! Let's see what else..... all delivery companys are gonna handle those beautiful musical toys about the same way. I personally have more faith in UPS then in others, but...to each his own.......

..okay.....I'm out of here.....(RUNNNNING SWIFTLY)
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Ill just leave this here:
YouTube - UPS delivers !
Old 9th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Wt* I'm from europe and we deal with DHL... seems similar to UPS by the way. Every single web buy makes my heart tremble
Old 10th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveterm ➡️
Well, whatever........

Don´t ship to me without requiring a signature then.

WT
good to know your a thief and proud of it!! fuuck
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylithra ➡️
Ill just leave this here:
YouTube - UPS delivers !
no one takes pride in their work any more....

it's obvious by how many people talk about their behringer gear on here...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Well, double fuuckfuuck to you.

WT
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpidge ➡️
good to know your a thief and proud of it!! fuuck
LOL. No sh*t, right. At least now I know who NOT to do business with.

Why did I even respond to, WT? I'm just feeding the troll. My bad.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I bet you guys work at UPS, right ?

WT
Old 11th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveterm ➡️
I bet you guys work at UPS, right ?

WT
nope, just hate thieves it raises my insurance...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpidge ➡️
nope, just hate thieves it raises my insurance...
Seriously, if you can afford insurance you sure as hell can afford to pay for signature and ID-check from the reciever of the package.

Or, you can insist on using it when shipping stuff and have the reciever pay for it.

It isn´t hard to do either.

WT(F?)
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I worked at UPS, its pretty much like treating your stuff like drift wood. Lots of the um, brothers drink hard alcohol. I took LSD and smoked pot at work.
One guy took the tickets off the computers and put his own address and sold laptops. Its common to see open boxes all over.

Funniest thing I ever witnessed was my boss pull down an entire WALL of boxes because the worked stacked it bad.

Second most funny!!
A bolling ball on a belt, it would roll up about 6 feet then get to steep and roll down and SMASH what ever box at the bottom (we let it go on for hours) just battering boxes.

Iv had my leg knee deep in a box.
Disgruntled employees drop kick boxes every day..

Truth be told its a hard job and the boss walks around in suits and GRILLS the packing guy "Hustle, hustle, pull you aside, "I said hustle, don't we pay and pay, whats wrong with you blah...blah... Managers dropping over with heart attacks.
Its truly a hateful job.

Tons of animosity and cut throat for such a small small wage and striped out benefits and a week union (Sold out)

I was not a big box smasher but when I was busting ass and the boss came at random and gave me a nasty lecture you bet I toss a box or kick a box.

One I jumped from the top of a ramp 4 feet down into a box after the boss came and said some stuff.

Guys its a ghetto and many times they run the machines at 20% higher speed and volume then it was built for.

YouTube - Fed-Ex
Old 12th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Talking

im going to ship everything from now on with snapping turtles in the box.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…